Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CPO buying experience timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I finally got an update on my CPO or as Elon had decided to call them "used Tesla". I had emailed my rep because I was concerned with adding alot of kms on my trade in as I'm still waiting and also I asked the big question of when do you think my car will be done.
He replied by easing my concerns with the kms on my trade and then said my car should be ready by July 3. I finally have a date and that's awesome but I deposited my money on the 18th of May. Is it my luck that mid to late June is when Tesla tries to delivery as many cars for the quarters end numbers? Either way I hope it can be early but it's going to be a long near 7 week wait.

Good luck.

Man...hope you have vacation planned all of July. Was the August delivery your original estimate?

It was what I was told after I put the deposit down. I assume it is probably related to the new higher mileage program, where they were running those through (my pickup location is Fremont).

However, I got an email tonight that it might be ready sooner, so we will see. While, I am looking forward to the new car, it isn't the end of the world holding onto my 4-Series Convertible for another month or so with the weather right now (mid 70's and mostly sunny). BMW let me extend for up to two months and will refund prorata if I turn it in mid month.

Reactions: ChrgdTeCHick
Hey! Looks like you weren’t the only one who got the short end of the stick haha. I bought mine 4/30, my advisor said 4-6 weeks (he said more likely 3-5, but 4-6 was his safe estimate). 6 weeks is today for me, so we’re officially past that now. Also, to top it off, on 5/19, my DS said “we’re definitely going to deliver this car before June”. Needless to say, the disappointment and frustration are really starting to build up.

Hey! Looks like you weren’t the only one who got the short end of the stick haha. I bought mine 4/30, my advisor said 4-6 weeks (he said more likely 3-5, but 4-6 was his safe estimate). 6 weeks is today for me, so we’re officially past that now. Also, to top it off, on 5/19, my DS said “we’re definitely going to deliver this car before June”. Needless to say, the disappointment and frustration are really starting to build up.
Oh no... What's your most recent news??

~5/24 - DS says he’s currently delivering another car and will get me an update later that day – never heard back.

~5/25 - Ask DS about the update he mentioned, and he said that he doesn’t have an update on the car right now.

~5/27 - DS sent me a message saying SC discovered a problem with the rear lift gate. It will be repaired and shipped out mid to late next week (approx 5/31-6/2).

~5/31 - The repairs are almost complete and the car will ship out late this week or early next week (moved the ship date back to 6/1-6/6).

~6/6 - I asked for an update. DS says that he hasn’t heard anything new. I expressed a bit of frustration in this email (I was courteous still, I know this CPO procedure is still kind of rough and it’s not really my DS’s fault), and he said he’s annoyed as well – this is the longest CPO delivery he’s ever dealt with.

~5/24 - DS says he’s currently delivering another car and will get me an update later that day – never heard back.

~5/25 - Ask DS about the update he mentioned, and he said that he doesn’t have an update on the car right now.

~5/27 - DS sent me a message saying SC discovered a problem with the rear lift gate. It will be repaired and shipped out mid to late next week (approx 5/31-6/2).

~5/31 - The repairs are almost complete and the car will ship out late this week or early next week (moved the ship date back to 6/1-6/6).

~6/6 - I asked for an update. DS says that he hasn’t heard anything new. I expressed a bit of frustration in this email (I was courteous still, I know this CPO procedure is still kind of rough and it’s not really my DS’s fault), and he said he’s annoyed as well – this is the longest CPO delivery he’s ever dealt with.
Hopefully you get some good news tomorrow. Will it be ready once it ships?one got shipped local and then inspected. I'm not holding my breath for the date given even though scheduled just in case.

Hopefully you get some good news tomorrow. Will it be ready once it ships?one got shipped local and then inspected. I'm not holding my breath for the date given even though scheduled just in case.
It’ll be ready, they’re doing the inspection at a different SC. Hopefully yours will deliver on the date, and hopefully mine comes along soon too haha.

I feel for ya. Hopefully we'll both hear some [good] news soon.

It’ll be ready, they’re doing the inspection at a different SC. Hopefully yours will deliver on the date, and hopefully mine comes along soon too haha.

Do you know which SC the car is being refurb'd and inspected at? Mine is supposedly being refurb'd at another SC about an hour away from me, then to be shipped to my local SC for inspection/detailing before pickup. If I had known earlier, I probably would have just switched my SC to the one that actually doing the refurb.

Do you know which SC the car is being refurb'd and inspected at? Mine is supposedly being refurb'd at another SC about an hour away from me, then to be shipped to my local SC for inspection/detailing before pickup. If I had known earlier, I probably would have just switched my SC to the one that actually doing the refurb.
I'm in Pittsburgh and the SC doing the refurb is in Chicago, so I wouldn't have had that option anyway haha. From my understanding, they did the full refurb there, then they'll detail it and make sure nothing got damaged in shipment at my home SC, then it'll be ready for delivery.

~6/12 - I heard from my DS! He sent me the GPS location of my car, right now it's in Columbus, OH. He said it should arrive at the SC by this evening, then they'll detail it and get it ready ASAP. I'm really hoping it'll be ready for delivery sometime this week. Since we're past the six week mark, I'd like to think our home SCs will place a priority on getting it detailed.

Reactions: ChrgdTeCHick
~6/12 - I heard from my DS! He sent me the GPS location of my car, right now it's in Columbus, OH. He said it should arrive at the SC by this evening, then they'll detail it and get it ready ASAP. I'm really hoping it'll be ready for delivery sometime this week. Since we're past the six week mark, I'd like to think our home SCs will place a priority on getting it detailed.

Awesome...Good luck

~6/12 - It's at my SC and looks detailed as well!! My DS asked my availability, so I think he's probably trying to come up with a delivery date.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 154
~6/12 - It's at my SC and looks detailed as well!! My DS asked my availability, so I think he's probably trying to come up with a delivery date.

Very nice!! Mine hasn't been detailed yet, wrapping up repairs and then detailing. Date was pushed back a couple days in case the shop takes a bit longer so detailing isn't rushed. I'll be happy as long as it's before the 22nd when my loan app expires!