TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My CPO buying experience timeline

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by TSLA_maybe, May 2, 2017.

1. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

Good luck.

2. hitparader

hitparader Member

Update: 6/7 - Signed docs with DS, delivery scheduled for Saturday!!!

• Like x 1
  3. Ness

Ness Member

It was what I was told after I put the deposit down. I assume it is probably related to the new higher mileage program, where they were running those through (my pickup location is Fremont).

However, I got an email tonight that it might be ready sooner, so we will see. While, I am looking forward to the new car, it isn't the end of the world holding onto my 4-Series Convertible for another month or so with the weather right now (mid 70's and mostly sunny). BMW let me extend for up to two months and will refund prorata if I turn it in mid month.

• Like x 1
  4. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

Any news today OP?

5. blrm71

blrm71 Member

Hey! Looks like you weren’t the only one who got the short end of the stick haha. I bought mine 4/30, my advisor said 4-6 weeks (he said more likely 3-5, but 4-6 was his safe estimate). 6 weeks is today for me, so we’re officially past that now. Also, to top it off, on 5/19, my DS said “we’re definitely going to deliver this car before June”. Needless to say, the disappointment and frustration are really starting to build up.

6. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

Oh no... What's your most recent news??

7. blrm71

blrm71 Member

~5/24 - DS says he’s currently delivering another car and will get me an update later that day – never heard back.

~5/25 - Ask DS about the update he mentioned, and he said that he doesn’t have an update on the car right now.

~5/27 - DS sent me a message saying SC discovered a problem with the rear lift gate. It will be repaired and shipped out mid to late next week (approx 5/31-6/2).

~5/31 - The repairs are almost complete and the car will ship out late this week or early next week (moved the ship date back to 6/1-6/6).

~6/6 - I asked for an update. DS says that he hasn’t heard anything new. I expressed a bit of frustration in this email (I was courteous still, I know this CPO procedure is still kind of rough and it’s not really my DS’s fault), and he said he’s annoyed as well – this is the longest CPO delivery he’s ever dealt with.

8. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

Hopefully you get some good news tomorrow. Will it be ready once it ships?one got shipped local and then inspected. I'm not holding my breath for the date given even though scheduled just in case.

9. blrm71

blrm71 Member

It’ll be ready, they’re doing the inspection at a different SC. Hopefully yours will deliver on the date, and hopefully mine comes along soon too haha.

10. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

No new news. Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, I was stuck with an issue at work over the weekend so it kept my mind off this. Today marks the end of the 6 weeks so hopefully I'll get some news today on where this is at.

11. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

I feel for ya. Hopefully we'll both hear some [good] news soon.

12. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

Do you know which SC the car is being refurb'd and inspected at? Mine is supposedly being refurb'd at another SC about an hour away from me, then to be shipped to my local SC for inspection/detailing before pickup. If I had known earlier, I probably would have just switched my SC to the one that actually doing the refurb.

13. blrm71

blrm71 Member

I'm in Pittsburgh and the SC doing the refurb is in Chicago, so I wouldn't have had that option anyway haha. From my understanding, they did the full refurb there, then they'll detail it and make sure nothing got damaged in shipment at my home SC, then it'll be ready for delivery.

14. blrm71

blrm71 Member

~6/12 - I heard from my DS! He sent me the GPS location of my car, right now it's in Columbus, OH. He said it should arrive at the SC by this evening, then they'll detail it and get it ready ASAP. I'm really hoping it'll be ready for delivery sometime this week. Since we're past the six week mark, I'd like to think our home SCs will place a priority on getting it detailed.

• Like x 1
  15. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

Awesome...Good luck

16. blrm71

blrm71 Member

~6/12 - It's at my SC and looks detailed as well!! My DS asked my availability, so I think he's probably trying to come up with a delivery date.

Attached Files:

17. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

Very nice!! Mine hasn't been detailed yet, wrapping up repairs and then detailing. Date was pushed back a couple days in case the shop takes a bit longer so detailing isn't rushed. I'll be happy as long as it's before the 22nd when my loan app expires!

18. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

Nice...hopefully, I'll follow the same timeline as you and hear something today.

19. Massimo99

Massimo99 Member

That looks amazing!! What a shine. Congrats

20. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

I wonder if you can connect to your car now via the Tesla app?

21. ATL_Canes

ATL_Canes Member

Just took delivery from the Decatur SC. Car is immaculate, service was awesome, and the entire delivery went flawlessly. I know some are having frustrations with the CPO timeline, but my experience was superb. Now I can't wait to drive!

IMG_4827.JPG IMG_4828.JPG IMG_4829.JPG

• Like x 1