Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CPO buying experience timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the CPO buying experience seems to vary wildly on any TSLA forums, I'd figure I add my data points for review later whether good or bad. I'll update this thread as I get updates and/or contact instigated by myself or TSLA.

5/1 22:00 EDT - Placed deposit for MS85 in Boston for shipment to NY. Immediately received Thank You email.
5/2 10:41 EDT - Received call from CPO Advisor as well as email. Appears to a canned initial message along with introducing the DS. Also included is the delivery estimate of 3-6 weeks which puts it between the weeks of 5/23-6/13.
5/2 12:03 EDT - I replied to the CPO Advisor's email indicating that I will be out of country from May 19-29 so pickup during those dates are not possible.

5/3 ~11:00 EDT - Received message from DS indicating that the SC I selected is not his and referred me to my preferred SC DS
5/3 ~12:45 EDT - Received message CPO Advisor regarding financing and insurance I asked in previous message
5/4 ~17:00 EDT - Received message from new DS verifying receipt of my travel plans and next contact will be when vehicle begins next milestone

Hey! I pulled the trigger April 30th! Talked to my OA 5/1 on the phone, he sent an email. Haven't heard anything from my DS yet. I'll probably reach out next week to see what's up. It's such a painful wait, and it's only been one "business week" so far...

Hey! I pulled the trigger April 30th! Talked to my OA 5/1 on the phone, he sent an email. Haven't heard anything from my DS yet. I'll probably reach out next week to see what's up. It's such a painful wait, and it's only been one "business week" so far...

Congrats to you!! Looks like we made up our mind about the same time. I basically made the decision on 4/30 as well but didn't get around to putting the dep down until 5/1. So far, both my Advisor and DS have been pretty responsive. Now begins the period of radio silence which appears can last for weeks. My rough guestimate from reading through some of the threads is delivery probably in the 5-8 week range. Hopefully, we'll get them sooner than later.

Congrats. I am about 1 week ahead of you it looks like. I have entered the fairly dormant stage now, basically waiting for the car to show up at the SC. But my reps will still answer emails it seems. What kind of CPO did you guys get? Mine is a P85.

Congrats to you as well! I'm glad I read up on these forums and appreciate the other members threads regarding their experiences with the CPO delivery timeline. It truly help set expectations. My Advisor and DS have so far been very attentive and timely as well.

I just got a standard 85 for the occasional long trips. It's an early 2014 so still got 5 years left on the battery and DU warranty, along with the CPO warranty.

Congrats TSLA_maybe!! Not trying to hijack and will edit my post. Possibly we can share our success stories!

4/30 -Ordered CPO from Tesla Site located in FL; model S 2014 85 nicely equipped;
5/1 -Response from Tesla DS in FL, vehicle has to go through inspection. 3-6 week estimated timeframe.
5/1 -Response from Tesla Finance, approved through TD! (for 30 days)
5/3 -Email from local Delivery team in Atlanta, no new news though; probably automated.
5/9 -Called back the DS in FL to see if I have overlooked anything, and also see if there are any updates on the status of the MS. It has completed inspection and in the body shop for paint. Still estimated 1-2 weeks at this point.

Congrats TSLA_maybe!! Not trying to hijack and will edit my post. Possibly we can share our success stories!

4/30 -Ordered CPO from Tesla Site located in FL; model S 2014 85 nicely equipped;
5/1 -Response from Tesla DS in FL, vehicle has to go through inspection. 3-6 week estimated timeframe.
5/1 -Response from Tesla Finance, approved through TD! (for 30 days)
5/3 -Email from local Delivery team in Atlanta, no new news though; probably automated.
5/9 -Called back the DS in FL to see if I have overlooked anything, and also see if there are any updates on the status of the MS. It has completed inspection and in the body shop for paint. Still estimated 1-2 weeks at this point.

Wow, congrats. Here's to all of us taking delivery as soon as possible of immaculate refurb'd MSs'. By all means, please do update your progress. All the more data points, the better.

Nice. GL! Just cross posting with my thread as well: my p85 is due into the CS tomorrow! After that the painful wait for refurb begins. I'm also waiting on a list of retrofits that the DS asked the service manager for. Right now I'm getting 3g->LTE for sure and will see what others are possible.

5/10 ~10:00 EDT - Received message from DS that refurbishment has begun at another location and will be shipped to my local SC after completion as well as seeing about getting a more definitive date. He relayed that it should be fairly quick once the refurbishment is complete whereas the local SC should only need to detail, inspect and register the vehicle. Once that date is provided, I'll start the loan app and get insurance.

Nice. GL! Just cross posting with my thread as well: my p85 is due into the CS tomorrow! After that the painful wait for refurb begins. I'm also waiting on a list of retrofits that the DS asked the service manager for. Right now I'm getting 3g->LTE for sure and will see what others are possible.

Nice...looks like we're all following very similar timelines.

5/15 ~12:30 EDT - Contacted DS to see if there was an update on refurbishment and tentative delivery
5/15 ~13:30 EDT - Received message back from DS that he will look into it
5/15 ~14:15 EDT - Received message from DS that the "team" says pickup is still around 3 weeks away.
5/15 ~15:00 EDT - Asked for refurbishment report and battery test while it's still be prepped
5/15 ~15:30 EDT - Applied for financing via Tesla to see what offer is out there
5/15 ~18:00 EDT - Received approval from one lender: 2.49%; Requested to check other lenders/offers

Reactions: hitparader
Nice man!! Congrats! Still no word from my DS with 15 days of current approval left. I'm hoping that no extra inquiries will be needed.

Yea, that was my fear as well with the inquiries. I was going to wait until I got a more definitive date but since I'm going to be out of country next week, I'd figure I'd finalize the loan and insurance before leaving in the off chance that it's ready for pickup the day I get back :)

Hopefully lenders understand Tesla timelines and estimates, and are more lenient with the offer expiration.