Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CPO experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0127.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG
Ordered 5/5/17.
Sean from Tesla called me that day. He estimated one month for delivery in Charlotte. The car was in FLA.
I asked for updates 3 times. Every time Shannon from Tesla answered within 24 hours.
Notified the car was ready on 6/15/17.

We Picked up the car on 6/19/17.

The pickup experience was awesome. The car looked great. It was super clean. They took about 45 minutes going over the car with me. All the people in Charlotte were friendly and helpful.

We bought a loaded 2014 P85 with only 8000 miles. I have put a little over 350 miles on it so far and it has been great. I mean great great. We bought the car having never seen a Model S close up, a real leap of faith for us. As you can see we love fast blue cars.

I am now at 1138 miles of ownership. I thought I would post some of my thoughts so far.

The car is awesome. I have noticed on this forum, as well as on Mustang and Cobra forums I have frequented in the past, that the posts can skew negative about small issues as people try and get help with issues on their cars. So here is my mostly positive post.

1. These cars are awesome.
2. After years of muscle cars in the 350 to 500 HP range, I really enjoy the silent stealthy nature of the P85 acceleration.
3. The streaming music is awesome to me. I know it could probably be better, but I have truly enjoyed free commercial free music.
4. The free music has stopped my conservative radio listening which has helped my blood pressure a little :)
5. The car is virtually silent to me while moving, vastly different from our Prius and F-150
6. The APP is great. I love being able to start the AC before I leave work in the afternoon.
7. I like having a full tank every morning.
8. I like the full screen NAV. The traffic display in colors is great. The second pop up NAV on the dashboard when you have a course plotted is great.
9. I am spending around $0.01 per mile in energy in the Tesla compared to $0.03 in the Prius and $0.18 in the F150. This should save me $1800 a year in energy. About enough to pay the property taxes on the Tesla.
10. The fit and finishes on my P85 are outstanding compared to other cars I have owned.

A couple of negative for good measure.

1. While sitting still if the AC is on and the radio is off then I can hear or feel the compressor or fan from the AC. I do not know which. It goes away if you are moving and is easily drowned out by the radio above Volume 3.
2. I leave fingerprints on either the paint or the door handle when I close the door after exiting. Very frustrating. I need to carry a microfiber rag with me to clean that off :) :)

If you are on the fence about a CPO purchase, go for it!

Bobby

After 10 weeks, 5126 miles, 2 software updates, and zero problems, I can state this is an awesome car.

Keeping her clean is my only maintenance. I have settled on turtle wax ice wash, meguiars spray on detailer, meguiars ultimate wax, and griots interior cleaner.

Bobby

Reactions: AlanSqB
My 1 year of ownership report.

21794 miles added this year.
6500 kWh used
30 washing, 4 waxes, and one machine polish performed.
29783 miles total on the car
Original Michelin Tires have about 2/32 left to the wear bars.
Rear ended once. 4 weeks in the body shop.

The car has been an absolute joy to own. I think my drive unit is a little noisier than last year. I will get that looked at when I have the steering bolt recall performed. My charge port door has stopped responding to the button on my charger and superchargers.

No other issues.

Bobby

My first trip back the service center was this week. It was a great experience. They had a Tesla loaner for me. Tesla Charlotte NC.

The noisy drive unit was replaced. They also replaced the axles and hubs with the drive unit.
My touchscreen had developed a small bubble - They replaced it under warrantee.
They performed the steering bolt recall.
I paid for the four year service on the car.
I had them install 4 new MXM4 Michelins for me.

Total time in the shop - 4 days.

They did manage to put almost 400 miles on the car while it was there. I am guessing making sure the drive unit install was satisfactory.