TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My CPO story - a long and winding journey to Tesla ownership

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by DrMike, May 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

Call the customer service 800 number, not the service center. They were very responsive for me.

2. maroon555

maroon555 Member

here you go

Attached Files:

3. DrMike

DrMike Member

Sweet! Thanks! :) I wasn't sure if you had it or not.

So the Monroney doesn't list the Premium Interior and Lighting Package. So - why does it have the power liftgate and at least some (maybe all?) of the other features from that package?

I love a good mystery. :)

4. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

When I said decode the VIN I really meant the options list from Hank’s site. It specifically calls out “No Premium Interior” for your car, but does call out “TP03 - Power and Lighting Pkg” along with X001 for the liftgate.
    For my car, I have “TP02 - Tech Pkg w/ AP” so looks like they added your TP03 as sort of a sub-Tech Pkg std option during the transition?

• Like x 1
  5. DrMike

DrMike Member

Ahh, that's very helpful. I forgot that you could see the option codes at EV-CPO.

This is confusing - I'm trying to find more info about what the difference between TP03 "Power and Lighting package" is compared to "premium interior and lighting package". On a google search, the primary place that TP03 shows up is the Teslascout site (basically an alternative to EV-CPO for people in Europe I think?). I can't find anyone mentioning it by that name in forums.

I searched for cars with option code TP03 on EV-CPO, and only ones from 2015 and newer show up. I looked at the codes for at least 20 of them, and every one except mine has the Premium Interior Lighting (PL01) code in addition to TP03. Then I realized I could add a second code to the search, so I searched for cars that have both TP03 and LP00 (no Premium Interior Lighting) and mine is the only one. To me, that's making it seem like putting LP00 on there was a screw-up.

• Like x 1
  6. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Yet Another Tesla Unicorn Flavor™

• Like x 1
  7. Barryboy

Barryboy Member

Wow! This is very much what I'm looking for.

• Like x 1
  8. DrMike

DrMike Member

I mentioned that I would post some more recent photos to show what the rear was like after they tried buffing it out. These pictures are taken after I gave the car a quick waterless wash with Duragloss Aquawax waterless wash.

bumper.jpg bumper.jpg rear.jpg

9. DrMike

DrMike Member

Oh - I checked, I don't have the interior lighting that comes with the premium package (at least not the lighting strip in the door panel), but I do have the exterior lighting that comes with it (door handle lights, fog lights, puddle lights).

My understanding is that the wiring is all there for the additional interior lights, and I could buy aftermarket ones to put in there. Is that correct?

10. darrelld

darrelld Member

11. DrMike

DrMike Member

Neat, thanks!