Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My crappy morning...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh..on my way to work...this happened

IMG_1577.jpg

My dash cam got this. Go to 1 min 40 secs to 1 min 50 secs (1 min 44s is the impact)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8omDbw03dGKBDfbB3

Ugh, that sucks! Looked like a piece of asphalt?

I caught something big on the way to work the other day too... put a small dent in my hood (just missed my clear bra) and a chip in my windshield... haven’t had a chance to get it fixed yet.

It may have actually been rubber from a truck tire, years ago I was on the highway and same type of thing happened to me but it actually messed up my bumper and there were grates on the front bumper of my SUV and the tire actually got stuck in one of them (destroyed it) otherwise I would have had no idea what the heck it was and it looks like it may be the same ... car in front of you drives over it and it gets kicked up by the tire of that car going 70MPH so ya that is like a rock, be happy it hit the bumper and not the windshield... Still sucks though :(

This is very strange:
I tried to watch it on cellphone (streaming), the video became jerky and jumped around. - so the black thing spawns in the midair.
Tried to stream on on my desktop computer, exactly the same.
Then downloaded the video, .. and it's a crappy video with missing frames.

If that what BlackVUE produces, or did you do some faulty recompression on it ?

• Helpful
Reactions: Bill_75D
This is very strange:
I tried to watch it on cellphone (streaming), the video became jerky and jumped around. - so the black thing spawns in the midair.
Tried to stream on on my desktop computer, exactly the same.
Then downloaded the video, .. and it's a crappy video with missing frames.

If that what BlackVUE produces, or did you do some faulty recompression on it ?
Unfortunately that is what BlackVUE produced...:(

I recently hit a coyote in about the same spot. Did quite a bit of damage behind the bumper cover rendering the autopilot and cruise control inop. Comprehensive claim won't increase your premiums. Resist the urge to get this fixed on the cheap.

Man, I know your pain - I picked up my CPO in Phoenix, and was driving it back home to STL, and hit a coyote on day 2 of owning my MS. Cosmetically it wasn't horrible, but $9200 in damage later to the internal components I was glad I filed the claim.

I recently hit a coyote in about the same spot. Did quite a bit of damage behind the bumper cover rendering the autopilot and cruise control inop. Comprehensive claim won't increase your premiums. Resist the urge to get this fixed on the cheap.

I was driving through a major snowstorm just east of Erie PA in the mountains when a coy wolf shot across the road (it was beautiful!). Luckily I avoided it but I saw it so clearly as it was in the beam of my headlights. Beautiful animal but yea, I wouldn't imagine hitting it with such a low riding car would be fun for either of us...