Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CybrTrk lent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In order to honor the sacrifices needed to make this purchase, we shall stop many wasteful practices.

"Lent" is the best term I could come up with, no offense to these Religious practices which are sacred.

"Beginning on Ash Wednesday, Lent is a season of reflection and preparation before the celebrations of Easter. By observing the 40 days of Lent, Christians replicate Jesus Christ's sacrifice and withdrawal into the desert for 40 days. Lent is marked by fasting, both from food and festivities."

We shall eliminate some of our more bourgeois consumption; SB coffee and boutique alcohol products, all Black Friday purchases, cut the cable cord.

No, these are NOT things we NEED to do, but these are actions we can take for furthering all matters of socio-economic ease. No, I am not intimating that the Tesla groups are a religious matter, as many would like to affect. Quite simply, we will set up a separate account for the CybrTrk monies gathered every month, instead of spending it on Xyz BS junk.

It's a plan for many that can help us all, really fast. What are you going to take for action(s)? Cut the cable?

Start that side hustle which is in the home, and will give you a break on property taxes at the same time?

Thank You TJ, it's not a necessary thing for us money-wise, but as you can see from members like rooter and ecclectic there is an anti Tesla movement here with the CybrTrk; Over $11 Billion gross infusion to Tesla operations already just with the CT deposits.

There is certainly some purchasing power in this movement which evidently is a threat to the establishments in Detroit, lobbying Detroit in the oil and gas fields. Wow!

$11 Billion? I’m guessing $11 Million is what you meant.

Good luck on the savings plan! I similarly ditched cable and cut down on my general spending as I bought my P3D. I can afford the car just fine without changing habits. However it just felt like the right thing to do for me to mentally justify buying an item that’s ultimately a liability (not an asset).

$11 Billion? I’m guessing $11 Million is what you meant.

Good luck on the savings plan! I similarly ditched cable and cut down on my general spending as I bought my P3D. I can afford the car just fine without changing habits. However it just felt like the right thing to do for me to mentally justify buying an item that’s ultimately a liability (not an asset).
No, actually it's $14.1 Billion in gross revenue, for 250K orders based on the model breakdowns.
Thanks!

TBH I didn't read your whole post OP (sorry!) but I think I got the jist of it: you're going to start saving now by making sacrifices like cutting unnecessary things that you can live without, right?

Bravo!! Listen to Dave Ramsey's audiobooks (or read the books) if you haven't already, he has some additional knowledge to help you with your financial goals in general.

Saving now for something later is a great way to practice self control! Trust me I know, I saved for 12 years to buy my first Tesla and it felt good paying cash!! (Saved when I saw Roadster, bought an M3).

Doing it again with the Cybertruck for my wife, this time we're better off so can save MUCH quicker.

Within 2 minutes you "disagreed' with 4 of my posts.

Stalking much? Detroit cyber 'bot operative, for Oi l& Gas?

Who are you?
You can't see who I am? I am the first and only one to actually post several HowTos on rooting the Model S, fixing the black screen, etc.

For several reasons I've taken the articles down but the fact remains that I did the work and shared the knowledge, whereas you go around emotionally posting against anyone who raises any question threatening your orthodoxy.

Yea Millennial, I'm a Detroit secret agent.

How old are you? I'm betting under 25, despite your protestations of having "45 years" successfully using all the benefits of pickup trucks. pfff

PS - I Disagree in direct proportion to all of your Disagrees of my posts. That is how things work, expect it.

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
That's great that you want to make some sacrifices to save for an electric truck, however I'm a little surprised at the cognitive dissonance that's occurring in these forums around this upcoming vehicle, and not just in this thread. I mean the presentation literally started with a pronouncement about pollution and the world being addicted to oil and gas, followed by the ceo saying we need sustainable energy now while standing in front of a giant screen saying the same, and none of your sacrifices have anything to do with energy or the environment. Sure it's great to lower our consumption of luxury material goods, but you're only doing so to buy an enormous truck with a large manufacturing footprint.

You say you want make sacrifices to save money for this truck and inspire others to do the same; well why not also make those about saving energy and carbon emissions at same time while also sticking it to Detroit and the oil and gas sector like you say you wanted to. The best ways to do both those things is to first of all stop eating animal products, stop flying unnecessarily, and drive less. Those will lower one's carbon footprint dramatically and save a lot of money. With animals, quite a lot of natural gas is used to make fertilizer for feed and also to later dry it and transport them, not to mention their direct emissions, clearing of forest, and waste impact on water systems.

Just days after the Cybertruck launch event, the UN released a report showing we need to triple our efforts to decrease emissions. In a few hours, possibly millions of people will be protesting around the world about government inaction on the climate and ecological crisis, all inspired by a 16 year old girl who's half way across the Atlantic in a boat because she refuses to fly, and has also sworn off buying new things and eating animal products because she's actually read the IPCC's reports. And most of these forums are only talking about continuing with the same consumptive lifestyle just with an electric truck instead of a gas one while towing gas consuming and environment trampling toys.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/un-emissions-report-1.5373154

Groups inspired by Greta Thunberg plan Black Friday climate strike - CNN

the map shows where planned strikes will be happening, pretty much everywhere:
FridaysForFuture

Last edited:
Reactions: Electruck
Saving now for something later is a great way to practice self control! Trust me I know, I saved for 12 years to buy my first Tesla and it felt good paying cash!! (Saved when I saw Roadster, bought an M3).

Doing it again with the Cybertruck for my wife, this time we're better off so can save MUCH quicker.

Congrats to you too!
We went with a program that parallels Ramsey, many years ago as well, no worries. Then, after all the bills are paid off we kinda slack a little. It's boring doing nothing but investment/401K management with money, it's nice to have a really fun goal to look forward to. (Missed the TSLA opportunity when it dipped down to 220s not long ago...)

Anyway, it's more fun and easier when we do it together, knowing there's other folks doing the same things. Have a great weekend.

Reactions: T3slaDad
That's great that you want to make some sacrifices to save for an electric truck, however I'm a little surprised at the cognitive dissonance that's occurring in these forums around this upcoming vehicle, and not just in this thread. I mean the presentation literally started with a pronouncement about pollution and the world being addicted to oil and gas, followed by the ceo saying we need sustainable energy now while standing in front of a giant screen saying the same, and none of your sacrifices have anything to do with energy or the environment. Sure it's great to lower our consumption of luxury material goods, but you're only doing so to buy an enormous truck with a large manufacturing footprint.

You say you want make sacrifices to save money for this truck and inspire others to do the same; well why not also make those about saving energy and carbon emissions at same time while also sticking it to Detroit and the oil and gas sector like you say you wanted to. The best ways to do both those things is to first of all stop eating animal products, stop flying unnecessarily, and drive less. Those will lower one's carbon footprint dramatically and save a lot of money. With animals, quite a lot of natural gas is used to make fertilizer for feed and also to later dry it and transport them, not to mention their direct emissions, clearing of forest, and waste impact on water systems.

I am semi-retired, from General Motors. Depending on the line speed we saw 50-65 Suburbans/Tahoes per HOUR of luxury consumption. All we invest in now is the socially green movements and BDS-like movements. When I see stories like how Musk is helping Aussies with their big battery, that inspires us.

This CybrTrk will have an enormous footprint lasting us the next 30-40 years, but with a conscience and a movement. Yes, Greta is being heard. The Detroit 'bots are here telling people lots of disinformation about the CybrTrk to confuse people and dissuade sales. Many hands lighten the load of this work you are doing. Thank You!

If you have savings or are opening a savings account for your electric car, you can also move those to a financial institution that is not going to use that money to invest in oil and gas projects.

It's going to take a lot more than just buying an emission free car to triple our efforts and push for change.

They have many links in the description.

Never thought id see someone criticized for saving up for a goal of an electric vehicle. Man this group is going to take some time to get used to.

Yes!

It's a FUN goal to save for, and here we are in Tesla-land, surrounded by grouches and critics?!

I'll be honest- we are simply cheap, selfish that way. We're not into hybrids and EVs for being greenies or eco-freaks. Our family commutes a substantial amount for work. We are sick of feeding oil& gas, that's all. When I want speed and power I pull out a motorcycle. Now, I can pull out a CT!!! Thanks for your encouragement!

Reactions: Danny Brown
Never thought id see someone criticized for saving up for a goal of an electric vehicle. Man this group is going to take some time to get used to.
Please. We all know he's going to finance this. And giving up coffee and "boutique" alcohol (although not the cheap stuff) isn't even going to cover a down-payment unless he's a rootin' tootin' coffee-guzzling alcoholic.

Saving for a CyberTruck is not what Lent is about.

Anyway, don't forget this guy has been criticizing people all over the place for a week. Look around. Turnabout is fair play.

• Funny
Please. We all know he's going to finance this. And giving up coffee and "boutique" alcohol (although not the cheap stuff) isn't even going to cover a down-payment unless he's a rootin' tootin' coffee-guzzling alcoholic.

Saving for a CyberTruck is not what Lent is about.

Anyway, don't forget this guy has been criticizing people all over the place for a week. Look around. Turnabout is fair play.

I have NOT been criticizing people for opinions. I have been calling out disinformation and misinformation liars!

Angry and resentful people need to blow off steam too, I guess they do it here?! LOL!