Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My dad has a dream of getting his book in front of Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope this is allowed on this forum, and I know most of you won't be interested, but I just want to try.

So my dad is an avid sci-fi fan and he fell in love (in a straight boomer way) with Elon Musk because of the SpaceX rockets that land on their tails as they did in all the books he read growing up. My dad finally declared the book he's been writing "finished" after years of writing, revising, and tinkering. I've read a few chapters, which I liked, but I'm not able to give detailed feedback since I'm not well-read in sci-fi.

After my dad got laid off from his engineering job during the recession he sort of fell into a depression and put everything into this book. He keeps saying that he thinks Elon Musk would really like it, and I want to help him reach his dream of getting Mr. Musk to read it as a Christmas present for him. Just to boost his self-esteem and get him out of his funk. Would anyone be interested in reading it, giving some feedback, or sharing ideas on how to get Elon Musk's attention?

• Disagree
Reactions: mach-edriver
I love sci-fi but unfortunately don't have time for any books unless they are audiobooks. I also don't have any good ideas for how to get Elon Musk's attention. Does your dad plan on publishing the book? Perhaps getting published and getting on popular reading or best-selling lists is more likely to get Elon's attention.

I love sci-fi but unfortunately don't have time for any books unless they are audiobooks. I also don't have any good ideas for how to get Elon Musk's attention. Does your dad plan on publishing the book? Perhaps getting published and getting on popular reading or best-selling lists is more likely to get Elon's attention.
He plans to publish it and is trying to create a following first, as publishers are much more likely to pick it up if the author already has an established reader base. Thank you for your suggestions! When the audiobook comes out I'll let you know lol

• Informative