TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

My Daily Obsession...Delivery Window...12/7-12/21...15 days...ahhhhh!!!!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Francis Lau, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

It has been 3 years since I reserved and everything has been fine until last Friday 11/30, I received the "Your Car is Ready" email and I completed the delivery details survey online. It said my delivery window is 12/7 to 12/21.

Today is day 1 of 15 of my delivery window and I can't believe how much I am obsessing over the delivery. I even checked my home phone voice mail and SPAM folders to make sure I did not miss any Tesla contact attempts. I am having a bad case of obsession.

The radio silence from Tesla is not helping, I have not heard from them since the email last week. They told me they will contact me once the car is in Washington but still in my state of mind, I need more information. I need a GPS tracker on my car so I can see if travelling north from Fremont to Seattle.

The posts by folks with much higher reservation numbers who received their Model S's are not helping but I am bitterly happy for them

Anybody feeling the same? I think I need group therapy or maybe more cow bells!

2. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Congrad's buddy! I've got the rest of year off so I hope you have a public delivery, would love to see it in person!

3. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Yes, same thing here. Only I really didn't expect to hear anything until yesterday when I got the "do-you-want-your-car-now?" email. Now it's all I can think about! I was totally at peace with not getting my car until the end of January, I was even considering taking a break from checking this forum all the time. But then Tesla had to step in and utterly shatter my peace and scatter my wits to the wind! I've rented a PODS thing to put in my driveway tomorrow so that I can empty my garage and put down a floor sealant/paint in preparation. I'm obsessed!

4. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

#4 Francis Lau, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    I have been working with Tesla to organize group delivery parties for the Seattle area but nothing is set yet. It is voluntary, of course. I will keep you posted.

5. johnnyS

johnnyS Member

I can relate since I received the "do you want your car before the end of 2012" email a couple of days ago. Yesterday a contractor friend came over and we installed the PLUG. I learned how to bend rigid conduit. We surfaced mounted it in our dry walled garage. Now that this is finally becoming a reality, we are talking to friends and neighbors about Tesla. Does the obsession go away once you have the car?

6. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

I think it diminishes. However, I think you now think and converse more in this forum and with folks more about the car and what you are learning about owning an electric car.

7. Velo1

Velo1 Member

It would really enhance the experience if they had a real-time GPS tracker so you could watch where the car was at.

8. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

I just received a call for delivery. I am scheduled to take delivery at the Seattle Service Center on Tuesday 12/11 at noon. My reservation is P1456 and VIN is 1646. This is day 5 of my 15 day window, wow! It looks like Tesla is getting more timely. Just FYI, I have no trade-in, no waiting for loan arrangements and I am taking delivery at the service center, so it is pretty straightforward.

9. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Excellent. Your pillow will be lonely tomorrow night though, I suspect.