Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My dash says how much I’m paying for super charging, but my account says $0.00

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been to a supercharger twice now while I wait to get my home charger installed. My account does say “Pay per use supercharging”

When I plug in, it does inform me of the $ cost in bottom left while charging. However when I check my account history online, it says $0.00. My credit card is correctly linked to my account as well. Picture attached.

Am I not being charged for supercharging? Or will these $0.00 prices update at some point? My referrals say “0” as well in case I was somehow getting referral bonus charging.

Attachments

• E36272C2-C183-4B40-A768-19192FE73E85.png
    E36272C2-C183-4B40-A768-19192FE73E85.png
    172.8 KB · Views: 151
Same for me:
  • Account says "Pay per use charging"
  • At time of SuperCharging, my Model 3 screen shows a charge when I supercharge (e.g. $8.45 or whatever).
  • In my account history, for each charge session it shows (example):
    • Credit balance 39 kWh
    • Energy: 39 kWh
    • Credit Remaining: 0
    • And the total charge is $0
    • It shows this (w/ different kWh values of course) for all 8 charge sessions that I did in May. These are the only charge sessions I've done since owning the car.
  • When I bought the Model 3 in March, I did it at a Tesla showroom, and it wasn't until the purchase was in progress that I gave the salesman a referral code. This means the order that he entered online didn't get entered via the referral link, which is required for free supercharging. He said he notified someone so that I'd get the referral free supercharging, but since my account says "Pay per use Supercharging" I'm assuming I never got the credit.
Questions:
  1. When buying a Model 3 with a referral code, do you get a different message in your Tesla account than "Pay per use supercharging"? Or do you still get that message, but have some credit balance someplace?
  2. Can someone who received referral free supercharging verify how it looks in charging history. Does it look like what I show above (and what the original poster linked to )?
  3. With referral free supercharging, how do you determine how much credit you have left and when/if it expires?
Thank you.

Image of charge history:
Model3_supercharing.JPG

Same for me:
  • Account says "Pay per use charging"
  • At time of SuperCharging, my Model 3 screen shows a charge when I supercharge (e.g. $8.45 or whatever).
  • In my account history, for each charge session it shows (example):
    • Credit balance 39 kWh
    • Energy: 39 kWh
    • Credit Remaining: 0
    • And the total charge is $0
    • It shows this (w/ different kWh values of course) for all 8 charge sessions that I did in May. These are the only charge sessions I've done since owning the car.
  • When I bought the Model 3 in March, I did it at a Tesla showroom, and it wasn't until the purchase was in progress that I gave the salesman a referral code. This means the order that he entered online didn't get entered via the referral link, which is required for free supercharging. He said he notified someone so that I'd get the referral free supercharging, but since my account says "Pay per use Supercharging" I'm assuming I never got the credit.
Questions:
  1. When buying a Model 3 with a referral code, do you get a different message in your Tesla account than "Pay per use supercharging"? Or do you still get that message, but have some credit balance someplace?
  2. Can someone who received referral free supercharging verify how it looks in charging history. Does it look like what I show above (and what the original poster linked to )?
  3. With referral free supercharging, how do you determine how much credit you have left and when/if it expires?
Thank you.

Image of charge history:
View attachment 419317

Open the Tesla app and top right corner loot box. You probably have referral bonus miles. Which is why it’s showing $0.00 cost for your supercharge statements.

In the app loot box, it tells you how many miles you have left.

Reactions: Big Earl and 233.3
Open the Tesla app and top right corner loot box. You probably have referral bonus miles. Which is why it’s showing $0.00 cost for your supercharge statements.

In the app loot box, it tells you how many miles you have left.

Thanks! Too bad the sales rep that I bought the car from (at Denver Broadway showroom) couldn't answer this question as you did. I called and asked if I should see something other than "pay per use supercharging" in my Tesla Account car details page (that is, if I have free supercharging miles). He said I should. But turns out we have to look in the loot box in the app. Thanks.

Miles remaining (crossed out referral code cuz not sure if it's kosher to post in these forms):

SC_milesRemaining.jpg

In my experience the times that I don’t get charged correspond to certain SC locations (I do not have any referral miles).

I think I remember reading awhile back that at certain locations the property owners where the SC is located pay for the electricity and in this case Tesla does not charge for Supercharging.