Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Dash trim questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
I'm looking to swap out my about to be delivered MYP White dash trim with the OEM wood version - just to be a little different. While I was researching this, there seems to be a lot of confusion around the following that I was hoping members could clarify:

1. Is the 2021 MY dash and trim the same as the up to April 2021 Model 3 trim (before the new Chinese interior change over)
2. I read that there is a gen 1 and gen 2 version of the dash trim. one with side inserts and one without?
3. Are the delivering now MY inserts gen 2 or gen 1?
4. Any difference between the LR and P versions, trim insert wise?
5. What's to correct after April 1, 2021 OEM Model Y wood trim insert part number
6. Has anyone done this swap? Thoughts, if so?

Thanks!

It’s easy to remove the dash but the Gen 1 and Gen 2 dash are not swappable. My MY delivered Nov 2021 has the new dash without end caps. I purchased a Gen 1 white dash hoping to swap out my wood dash but the clips don’t align and it won’t fit.
@miles-w I pulled out my new gun 2 white dash and replaced with refinished wood.... It's now just sitting in my closet. Perhaps I should sell it.

Here's a (serious) question: Is it actually wood?

...or is is some sort of Vegan Wood?
It is wood or a wood veneer, as I did sand and stain it to match the walnut in my Plaid!

IMG_0278.jpeg
IMG_0292.jpeg

I'm stalking your kitchen - I see you have a trash compactor. We had one of those in the first house we owned, It was a fantastic appliance - especially when I used the proper bags I got from Sears

...but the real question is, how much was it to get the yoke installed?
I installed my own yoke, so my only cost was the yoke itself, for $500.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
@miles-w I pulled out my new gun 2 white dash and replaced with refinished wood.... It's now just sitting in my closet. Perhaps I should sell it.

I'm looking to swap out my about to be delivered MYP White dash trim with the OEM wood version - just to be a little different. While I was researching this, there seems to be a lot of confusion around the following that I was hoping members could clarify:

1. Is the 2021 MY dash and trim the same as the up to April 2021 Model 3 trim (before the new Chinese interior change over)
2. I read that there is a gen 1 and gen 2 version of the dash trim. one with side inserts and one without?
3. Are the delivering now MY inserts gen 2 or gen 1?
4. Any difference between the LR and P versions, trim insert wise?
5. What's to correct after April 1, 2021 OEM Model Y wood trim insert part number
6. Has anyone done this swap? Thoughts, if so?

Thanks!

Do you still have the Gen 2 white dash trim by any chance? I could buy it off from you.