Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My daughter got a Model 3 key from the nice sales rep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over Easter Weekend I was charging my Model S at a nearby Supercharger / service center.

While charging, one of the sales reps pulled up in a Model 3 in the stall right next to me, he told me the new owner of the Model 3 was just finishing up the paperwork inside and will be coming down to get it.

My 4 year old daughter was with me and she is absolutely obsessed with Teslas, we got out of our car and started looking at the Model 3, my daughter stares for a minute then looks at me and goes "So daddy, talk about it... tell me all about it please". Expecting some full review from me as she has probably seen on YouTube. The sales rep started cracking up and gave her some information about the car. He then left and came back a few minutes later and surprised her with her own Black Key Card for a Tesla Model 3. She was absolutely over the moon... he apologized to me that he would've liked to have given her one of the die cast models but they are only for specific new owners... I thanked him and told him the card was more than enough, she held on to it all weekend and wouldn't stop talking about it. We eventually gave it to mommy to hold on to so she wouldn't lose it.

It was such a small gesture, but it absolutely blew my daughter's mind.... nice guy Tesla rep.

That’s really sweet of him. I myself have met some wonderful people working at the Oakville and Lawrence Avenue Tesla showrooms. I am always surprised on how friendly and helpful they are. Having seen service techs / salesmen at BMW, Mercedes and Honda before, the ladies and gents at Tesla are multitudes better at customer service and friendliness compared to any of these other big name brands.

Reactions: Patrick W
Wonder if they can pair an S/X key with a model 3.

For multi-Tesla families - also wonder if a single key could be paired to multiple cars.

Since pairing should just be registration of the keys RFID signature, it might be possible... And would certainly be useful!

Here's a picture of the key card
IMG_20180409_222616.jpg
IMG_20180409_222623.jpg

Reactions: GatorGuy