Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My daughters Y had front motor die..Took 3 weeks to fix (the story behind it)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My daughter lives near Spokane and her experience with the local Tesla repair location had been actually quite good. They promptly responded to messages and fixed things pretty promptly.

So now she is driving along one day in early July and the car report trouble with the front motor (see has dual motor, long range Y). She immediately pulls over and requests service from Tesla. They tow the car to the service center and confirm dead front motor.

She get notice of a Fedex shipment that day. Three weeks go by and the replacement motor never gets shipped. By this time, she has lost all patience and is now planning to sell the Y because she thinks 3 weeks for a motor is unacceptable. I advise to her to investigate the Washington state lemon law for cars. She follows the process and formally files a lemon law notice via certificed letter and also notifies the service center that she has done so.

So you can guess what happens, the next day the motor gets shipped and the Y gets fixed in the same day. Guess Tesla doesn't want their lemon law statistics to be bad....
Sad that she had to take that kind of action in order to get satisfaction

My daughter lives near Spokane and her experience with the local Tesla repair location had been actually quite good. They promptly responded to messages and fixed things pretty promptly.

So now she is driving along one day in early July and the car report trouble with the front motor (see has dual motor, long range Y). She immediately pulls over and requests service from Tesla. They tow the car to the service center and confirm dead front motor.

She get notice of a Fedex shipment that day. Three weeks go by and the replacement motor never gets shipped. By this time, she has lost all patience and is now planning to sell the Y because she thinks 3 weeks for a motor is unacceptable. I advise to her to investigate the Washington state lemon law for cars. She follows the process and formally files a lemon law notice via certificed letter and also notifies the service center that she has done so.

So you can guess what happens, the next day the motor gets shipped and the Y gets fixed in the same day. Guess Tesla doesn't want their lemon law statistics to be bad....
Sad that she had to take that kind of action in order to get satisfaction
And here I am pissed off that my $55 paint repair kit ordered over 14 weeks ago was never shipped…🤪

I know these aren't the same thing, but seeing how others are dealing with the trials and tribulations of getting cars serviced can make some of us feel a little better that we aren't alone.

My friend bought an VW ID.4, had a minor collision that damaged both passenger doors. Car drivable with no warning lights or airbag deployments.. Just over 4 months later it is still not ready. VW requires the bodyshop to ship the vehicle to a VW dealer (that can handle this type of EV request) To disable/enable the high voltage systems and inspect. It has bounced 4 times between body shop and VW dealer and is now on the 5th rotation and stuck due to parts on order.

I can't imagine waiting this long for a minor repair. Will likely be 6 months before it is ready. Other annoying parts is this is a lease, so 6 months of lease payments made and free Electrify America charging unused.

• Disagree
Reactions: mrwug