Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My day has come “charge level reduced”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ACC7BD02-0DA9-41DD-B667-935FD16F9B9D.jpeg
after driving around all morning come home
Park in garage left my car at at like 31% and I was going to go out again 3 hours later I get the error

I have sent a message to tesla service let’s see what they tell me I’m going to try to get a refurbished pack

So... your car is 8 years old with 42k miles and the battery is failing?

Is this a problem specific to the Model S of that time period, or are we all to expect this death sentence nearing the 10 year mark?

Is there even enough evidence to show the longevity of our cars? Doesn't seem like it.

Is this a problem specific to the Model S of that time period, or are we all to expect this death sentence nearing the 10 year mark?

Is there even enough evidence to show the longevity of our cars? Doesn't seem like it.
O shoot i should have attached picture with miles
I have 113k miles I did do a good amount of supercharging but also the 60kw battery is supposedly the worst pack of the bunch

• Helpful
Reactions: byeLT4

~10 years is what I would plan on. That's not Tesla specific, it applies to EVs in general with current Li battery technology.

There are specific design issues with early Model S packs (up to ~early 2015) that make them more likely to fail. Most have nothing to do with actual cell failures. Moisture ingress due to a bad AC condensate drain design, problems with the early battery management boards, etc.

There are specific design issues with early Model S packs (up to ~early 2015) that make them more likely to fail. Most have nothing to do with actual cell failures. Moisture ingress due to a bad AC condensate drain design, problems with the early battery management boards, etc.
Yeah so I already have been expecting this
I also have scan my tesla set up this what my voltages look like at 23%

Attachments

• CFD9C641-206B-4B9C-9D5D-B80BEBDBF544.png
    CFD9C641-206B-4B9C-9D5D-B80BEBDBF544.png
    879.2 KB · Views: 72