Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Delivery Checklist - Feedback Requested

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As my delivery date nears, I have found myself reading a lot of thread about delivery and checklists. I personally think a checklist is a great idea to make sure you look at all the key aspects of the vehicle during delivery. It is an exciting day, and it is easy to allow one's excitement to blind them to a detailed review of the vehicle.

I have found most checklists are good and cover most things, but some are more complete than others, or include things others don't. So I have been compiling my own list for my delivery based on many others lists. Attached you will find what I have come up with so far, please provide your comments. Am I missing anything? Anything worth removing?

(Note: There is a small section about wheel height - highlighted orange. Please ignore this section and the measuring tape in tools. This is a non-typical checklist item I have added to assist me with my own curiosity about Tesla's change to the suspension for the M3P.)

Attachments

• Checklist.pdf
    586.4 KB · Views: 4,106
I don't know if this is still a thing but there was a batch of key cards (mine, picked up in June 2021, included) that were warped with ripples in them, as if by heat. You might want to check for this. (I kept mine because they both work and the ripples don't really bother me but others were able to have them exchanged for proper flat ones.)

keycard_warped.jpg

Last edited:
As my delivery date nears, I have found myself reading a lot of thread about delivery and checklists. I personally think a checklist is a great idea to make sure you look at all the key aspects of the vehicle during delivery. It is an exciting day, and it is easy to allow one's excitement to blind them to a detailed review of the vehicle.

I have found most checklists are good and cover most things, but some are more complete than others, or include things others don't. So I have been compiling my own list for my delivery based on many others lists. Attached you will find what I have come up with so far, please provide your comments. Am I missing anything? Anything worth removing?

(Note: There is a small section about wheel height - highlighted orange. Please ignore this section and the measuring tape in tools. This is a non-typical checklist item I have added to assist me with my own curiosity about Tesla's change to the suspension for the M3P.)
I didnt have time to read yours but I can tell you I video my tesla before pick up and found a damaged plastic panel on the rare bottom, literally hanging as if it got scraped offloading from a trailer. Also, the roof and trunk panels didnt align on one side of the car. The car is not symmetric. They fixed the plastic below but not the panel gaps. Im thinking of escalating it. My car was also 4 months late.

Nice work. Sure it will help many.

Reactions: Aither
I'd suggest thinking of maybe the top 3 things that you'd reject a car over and checking the rest at home at your leisure. In general, your ownership experience will be less stressful without obsessing over every detail..

Ah screw it, don't forget to bring your gap measurement tool and paint depth gauge. Gotta make sure they don't shaft you with any areas with thin clear coat.

• Funny
Reactions: FloridaGary