Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Delivery Delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I ordered my MY LR back on June 12 and have completed all the pre-delivery tasks. When I ordered it said estimated delivery would be in August, but I'm still without a VIN and my profile now says delivery in middle-late November... Anyone else having this issue???

So, I ordered my MY LR back on June 12 and have completed all the pre-delivery tasks. When I ordered it said estimated delivery would be in August, but I'm still without a VIN and my profile now says delivery in middle-late November... Anyone else having this issue???

Not specifically Tesla related, but Toyota just announced they are slashing September production 40% due to chip shortages and Delta surging. And I just read an article about how GM has leased parking spaces at an airport to store thousands of mostly built pickups that are missing microchips to be installed later. You gotta think Tesla is also not immune to these shortages, and the delayed EDDs are probably reflecting that.

Not specifically Tesla related, but Toyota just announced they are slashing September production 40% due to chip shortages and Delta surging. And I just read an article about how GM has leased parking spaces at an airport to store thousands of mostly built pickups that are missing microchips to be installed later. You gotta think Tesla is also not immune to these shortages, and the delayed EDDs are probably reflecting that.
Yeah I'd think they're feeling it, too. In their favor, though, IIRC they may be able to adapt faster because they can incorporate more types of microcontrollers because they can develop the firmware for them faster.

I ordered on 7/6, profile completion 7/6. Config - MY-Red on white/Gemini/5 Seater/FSD. Original EDD was August10- 27, it moved around couple of times between Aug-19 and Nov-4 in last couple of weeks. last week my date came down to 2 weeks window Oct-7 to 23 and today I saw on my account that VIN is assigned. EDD is now showing Oct 17-23.
Does this means that my delivery is near? how accurate is 1 week EDD?

Ordered M-Y LR 7 seater with hitch in June- order keeps getting pushed out. Original delivery date was late August- now it's out into mid-Nov. What's the issue? Can't be semiconductor related because Tesla recently announced record Q3 deliveries.

Ordered M-Y LR 7 seater with hitch in June- order keeps getting pushed out. Original delivery date was late August- now it's out into mid-Nov. What's the issue? Can't be semiconductor related because Tesla recently announced record Q3 deliveries.
7 seaters seem to be much less popular, therefore they produce them less frequently. If you missed the last production batch, it may be awhile before the next batch, thus your date will slide. Red and MSM colors seem to be in a similar position.

7 seaters seem to be much less popular, therefore they produce them less frequently. If you missed the last production batch, it may be awhile before the next batch, thus your date will slide. Red and MSM colors seem to be in a similar position.
Interesting- had a suspicion the 7-seat configuration had something to do with it. Maybe I will get lucky and my delayed order will land me the tax credit. One can hope... ha ha