Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My delivery experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They put me into a X P90D loaner for two weeks. I have nothing to complain about. I regret nothing! :p

And neither will you admit anything. :p

Sorry you had to go through this, but seems you were prepared for it and are getting things resolved. Not necessarily in a timely fashion, but considering that it will be in excellent condition afterward, presumably for years upon years, then... Awesome!

• Love
Reactions: TexasRat and P85_DA
Latest update from the SC was:

"We have your airbag assembly out of the car and we are following some electrical schematics. We believe there are two separate issues and the inoperative horn and the voice command issues are not related"

Hoping they find something that's easy to fix that doesn't require ordering a part, but who knows at this point.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: neroden and P85_DA
Latest update:

"Well they don't appear to be related but they both require the same part to be replaced. We need to replace the driver's airbag module. ETA on that parts is.. this Thursday.. since it's an airbag it takes longer because it's considered a hazardous material."

Sounds like I have the loaner until at least Thursday. If all goes well, maybe I can spend some time with my car this weekend? :p

Latest update:

"Well they don't appear to be related but they both require the same part to be replaced. We need to replace the driver's airbag module. ETA on that parts is.. this Thursday.. since it's an airbag it takes longer because it's considered a hazardous material."

Sounds like I have the loaner until at least Thursday. If all goes well, maybe I can spend some time with my car this weekend? :p

im glad they gave you a loaner and not a lyft. because last thing we need is you to turn into a tesla hater and accusing us of being fan boys haha.

im glad they gave you a loaner and not a lyft. because last thing we need is you to turn into a tesla hater and accusing us of being fan boys haha.
I'd be pretty pissed, not gonna lie :p

One of the reasons I bought a tesla though, was that I live 5 minutes from the service center, and I would most likely be able to wait until I can secure a loaner before I proceeded with repairs. I knew what I was getting into, and it was about right. Could have been worse, but could have been much better. I'd love to earn some swag out of the deal, but at this point, I'll settle for my car with all repairs made :D

I need rear all weather mats ... ;)

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: neroden and P85_DA
PPF is fixed. But (you know how this goes already). They ruined my PPF at the very least in a more subtle way. There’s permanent “water spots” on the car because they parked it outside next to a freeway in rain and sun for over two weeks.

upload_2018-8-22_18-13-44.jpeg

Detailer doesn’t have current product to remove this. He’s going to order some stuff to try out and see if he can remove it. If not, I have to figure out what I’m going to do. Obviously it needs to be fixed, otherwise it defeats the purpose of the wrap + ceramic. There’s no way the SC is going to permanently garage my car since there’s too many cars in for service. If nothing works, I’m not really sure what my recourse is. The good news is that it’s on the wrap only. The bad news is that the wrap is still $4000 if it has to get redone, not including the ceramic.

Hopefully a water spot remover will get rid of the issue, but it just won’t end. At this point, given the weather here and the location of the SC, it might be dangerous if you care about your car, to leave it at the SC for an extended period of time.

Hrm...

Much to think about.

• Informative
Reactions: Kacey Green
PPF is fixed. But (you know how this goes already). They ruined my PPF at the very least in a more subtle way. There’s permanent “water spots” on the car because they parked it outside next to a freeway in rain and sun for over two weeks.

View attachment 327986

Detailer doesn’t have current product to remove this. He’s going to order some stuff to try out and see if he can remove it. If not, I have to figure out what I’m going to do. Obviously it needs to be fixed, otherwise it defeats the purpose of the wrap + ceramic. There’s no way the SC is going to permanently garage my car since there’s too many cars in for service. If nothing works, I’m not really sure what my recourse is. The good news is that it’s on the wrap only. The bad news is that the wrap is still $4000 if it has to get redone, not including the ceramic.

Hopefully a water spot remover will get rid of the issue, but it just won’t end. At this point, given the weather here and the location of the SC, it might be dangerous if you care about your car, to leave it at the SC for an extended period of time.

Hrm...

Much to think about.

Hopefully the detailer can get a product that will get rid of it.

Did the SC fix the issues?

Reactions: Kacey Green
Its interesting to see a PPF can't handle being parked outside for 2 weeks :(
Well PPF is a sacrificial layer. It's not indestructible. The difference is that I'd never let all that crap sit on my car like the SC did for weeks at this point.

PPF can handle scratches, but other than that, it's basically a clear bra. Looks like even ceramic cannot handle being parked outside for 2 weeks with the type of particles in the air off the highway.

Hopefully the detailer can get a product that will get rid of it.

Did the SC fix the issues?

SC did fix the issues. They're waiting on the airbag module which will hopefully be delivered tomorrow. Once that is done, barring anything else, my car will be fixed, for now. They still have to fix:

1) voice button
2) fender garnishes
3) chrome trim

All of the parts are supposedly ordered already. I think most of them, if not all, can be installed by a mobile technician. If they can't, I'll have to be extremely careful when take the car into the service center. They can't leave the car out for extended periods of time, so I don't know what to do just yet.

Worst case scenario is that I have to redo the PPF and ceramic coat, and then all will be the way it used to be. How to get the SC to pay for it, seeing how it's their fault, is the real question.

If it's just product + my detailer's time, it's not so bad. I'll wait to hear how he handles it. Issue is that I'll probably take home my car before he tries out all of his ideas, so I probably need to make the SC know about the issues they've caused to the car.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Yeah I'm questioning the failure of the ceramic coating, but then again, I don't know who actually caused it. For all I know, it happened at the tint place, or somewhere in between. The detailer has a few things to try and spoke to another detailed. They have a few ideas to try to restore it, so it's not over yet.

I honestly am not sure that it was the SC at all, though it baking out there in rain and shine wasn't the best for it. I feel like the ceramic would be able to handle that, but I don't know.

I'll keep you guys updated

Reactions: P85_DA
Yeah I'm questioning the failure of the ceramic coating, but then again, I don't know who actually caused it. For all I know, it happened at the tint place, or somewhere in between. The detailer has a few things to try and spoke to another detailed. They have a few ideas to try to restore it, so it's not over yet.

I honestly am not sure that it was the SC at all, though it baking out there in rain and shine wasn't the best for it. I feel like the ceramic would be able to handle that, but I don't know.

I'll keep you guys updated

yeah i found that odd too. imagine how many cars tesla leaves outdoors for months at a time that don't have these issues, its odd. I hate to ask but are we even sure ceramic coating was put on? i've been ripped off by so many detailers i honestly trust 3% of them haha. :(

Reactions: P85_DA
I watched him put the coating on for a few hours since he took longer than he originally wanted to.

Only thing I could think of would be a bad chemical reaction, but I kept it free of water for 96 hours, which is plenty of time for the curing process.

Another detailer thinks that a gtechniq citrus wash may reset the coating, so he's going to try that as well.