Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My delivery is on for tomorrow!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Bradley, just to be clear, you got the car today, right?

Yep! I bought it for my business partner. It's now in Lafayette, CA

model3-1.jpg
model3-2.jpg

Got scheduled for this Sunday at the factory...10 day delivery from receiving my invite!! Awesome!!

XMas eve day?

That's interesting - I got the call a day before you, but my car won't be ready until the day after XMas. (Fremont delivery, too) And, I was in the first batch of configurers. Clearly some cars are ready sooner than others.

Would be interesting to know the back story on readiness. Almost certainly all of the cars being ready now were produced a while ago. Cars are not being delivered in VIN order at all, and now not even the order of configuration. It seems like some combination of waiting for one thing (could be a part, could be a software release), and then the floodgates opened, but each car has to get through QA so some are ready sooner than others even though they were matched up with people in a different order.

That's interesting - I got the call a day before you, but my car won't be ready until the day after XMas. (Fremont delivery, too) And, I was in the first batch of configurers. Clearly some cars are ready sooner than others,

I have a theory that it depends on how deep your car is parked in the lot making it harder to extricate. In other words "Go out there and grab the first car you can." And they come back with "VIN # xxxx is easy to get to" So - you're next!!

I just couldn't see them jockeying a dozen cars to get to one.
I have the feeling they stack the cars in rows with the first build at he front of the row and the last build at the back of the row. Then they make the deliveries by row so that cars at the front will be FIFO and the cars at the back of the row will be LIFO. And that is how each row is configured and they clear out row by row. That would account for the the odd schedule for deliveries by date of invitation. Your delivery will be based on the luck of the draw rather than your configuration date and would also explain the juxtaposition of VIN's. Clearing one row at a time allows them to vacate a complete row for new builds and again. it will be older builds at the front and newer builds at the rear.