Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My delivery is on for tomorrow!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK. OK. I'm home...LOL

Impressions of the Model 3

Fremont delivery center: Really nice facility. No public charging but that's nitpicking. You check in and they tell you to have a coffee and a seat while they get your DS. Good baristas and all the usual coffee drinks available as well as tea and hot chocolate. The menu has a "Ludicrous Latte" consisting of four shots of espresso and steamed milk.

When the car is ready they take you to some tables in the delivery area. Every car has a spotlight on it. I saw three Model 3's there. Paperwork is painless.

Now the car...I gave it a good going over looking at the seams. Fit and finish is perfect. The body seams are tight and uniform. DS sets up your phone to be used as a key and gives a good overview of how the car works.

Driving...It's fast. My daily driver is a P85 and the Model 3 didn't feel sluggish at all. I didn't do any rocket starts but it had no problem getting into any spot that I wanted to on the freeway. A friend is holding out for dual motors and he says he may change his order to get his car earlier now.

UI take a bit getting used to after 3+ years in a Model S. It's unnerving to look down at the steering wheel in a dark car and see nothing but blackness. It's roomy enough for my 14 and 21 year old in the back seat. They didn't complain

.View attachment 267862 View attachment 267863 View attachment 267864 View attachment 267865 View attachment 267866 View attachment 267867 View attachment 267868
Wish I could upvote LOVE, LIKE and INFORMATIVE at the same time !
Keep sending the deets !

Congrats! Looks great!

Can you say anything about the delivery centre? Was it busy? How many DS do you recon where there? How many other customers did you see? What was the mix of Model 3 vs. S/X? If you had to estimate, did they deliver a handful, dozens or more Model 3?

Thanks a lot!

What I'm most curious about is how many looks you get, how many pictures are taken as you drive, and if you catch any of us trying to get your VIN.
I think now that normal customer deliveries have started and we're just 10 days from 2018, this VIN thing has become kinda silly.
Tesla will tell us how many M3s have been delivered for Q4'18 in 10 days. How about we wait for that ?