Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY delivery today - trying to decide if I should keep it

Should I keep this model?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my MY parked outside after a bit over a month of waiting (I count myself lucky!), and I am trying to decide if I should accept delivery. It is parked in front of my house, I can't get access inside. The main issue is the back tail lights and a weird gap with the frame on the driver's side. Below are pictures of the tail lights. I unfortunately had it dropped off last night, so I only have a few hours left today to decide - any thoughts / advice are welcome!

Thanks all

Photo Jun 28, 9 04 45 AM.jpg

Photo Jun 28, 9 04 54 AM.jpg

Thanks for the calibration, it helps a lot! Oh one thing I forgot - the Camera housing on the driver's side is sticking out. You can actually see the clips on the top, but in the direct sunlight they are hidden in the shadow, but you can see how far the inner plastic of the camera housing protrudes. A mediocre picture of it:
Photo Jun 28, 1 45 16 PM.jpg

The camera gap is normal. I've looked at multiple model Y's, they all have it. The SC told me that it was to allow water to drain. Regarding the tail lights, mine are also like that, they can be adjusted if it bothers you. The only "maybe" is the fender meeting the a-pillar. again, it can be adjusted, but I would figure out how much it really bothers you. If the fender needs to be moved out slightly keep in mind it will affect the gap with the hood (the gap on the driver side will increase) and potentially how it lines up to the front door (flush, etc.). Personally if the hood gaps are good, and the door gap is flush and straight I wouldn't risk throwing all of those out of whack over that.

Reactions: cancoi
Sadly, I doubt your replacement would be much better. I would say accept delivery if you want it and see if service can sort it out.
This is the consensus I seem to be seeing - it isn't perfect, but at this point this is about as good as most of the cars are, and much of the time Service can sort it out.
I would reject it. They can do better, for 65k they need to do better
I'm torn, because in principle I agree, but at the end of the day, that doesn't seem to be the case - people are generally happy with the cars. That and they are flying out the door - people keep buying them like crazy. I get it - I looked at other options, and blemishes (and lack of radar, and wonky sentry mode, and losing lumbar support, and and and....) etc. aside, they are still the best cars out there right now.