TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My delivery..

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by dano9258, Jul 14, 2018.

1. dano9258

dano9258 Member

After hearing about everyone else's delivery, I had high hopes. However, several things went wrong:

1) Car already has water spots. I'm hoping they arent into the clear coat yet and I can get them out by washing. Having solid black doesn't help. Any ideas?

2) I ordered EAP but it wasnt in the car at delivery. They took it back to the back and cane back 15 minutes later saying it will auto update on Monday over the air...

3) They didn't go over much with me. They quickly did the screen overview and paired my phone app but that was it.

4) cell phone cords weren't even installed yet in center console

I love the car but feel like all of these issues could be solved easily if they took the time to care. Any thoughts?

2. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

They don’t install the cell phone cords for you, I don’t think, because you might want one or the other, or neither, installed.

3. dano9258

dano9258 Member

Good to know

4. SmoothGB

SmoothGB Member

Are you able to get two of the same kind of phone cables? Is it something where they just ask what you need and then pull them out of a bin or something? I don’t want one of each type.

5. dano9258

dano9258 Member

Not sure. Got a lightning and usbc cable

6. SmoothGB

SmoothGB Member

Yeah, hoping to avoid having to buy a second cable that I need.

7. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I was told I only get one of each type. But they did install the one. The other turned out to be a non issue as my wife preferrs not to dock her phone.

8. psyrob

psyrob Member

Took delivery of mine today, came with one of each phone cable. I was told I had to buy another one of the iphone cords off the tesla website and install it myself. It's 14 bucks. But they gave me a Model 3 die cast car as a gift in red, my color, so all is good!

9. Petra

Petra Member

Why not just trade with other people taking delivery?

10. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

There’s a thread to arrange this somewhere but more people seemed to want the iPhone cable so the thread fizzled when I last looked at it.