Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My detailed review of the Model S (with pics)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wrote a detailed review of my Tesla Model S after owning it for about 3 months. Here's a summary of it...

Here's my car:
IMG_4227-800x600.jpg

Here it is being delivered (in Houston, TX):
IMG_4171-800x600.jpg

Vanity plates!
IMG_4265-800x600.jpg

I figured out a practical use for the car's anytime backup camera!
IMG_4669-800x800.jpg

And here's a pic of my daughter and a friend in the boot (still waiting on my jumpseats!)
jumpseats-800x577.png

Bottom line: I love the car!

When Tesla designed the car, I think they made a list of stereotypes of electric cars (1. they’re small 2. they’re slow 3. they have limited range and 4) they’re not luxurious) and then set out to disprove each one... and I think they succeeded!

The most amazing thing about the car is that it's all electric. Coming in at a close second is the car's computer. The Tesla’s computer, the face of which is the touchscreen, is from the future and it’s AWESOME. Key points on this massive car interface innovation:

1) The car is always connected on 3G so it can do things like bring in Internet music services (right now they support Slacker Radio and TuneIn Radio) while you’re driving. This also brings always-up-to-date Google Maps.

2) The touchscreen is a high quality capacitive touch screen — it supports multi-touch and you can swipe your hand across the screen and it responds. It’s not the crappy touchscreens you’ve seen in most cars where the only thing it responds to is a high pressure tap.

3) Like your smart phone, there are periodic software updates that Tesla pushes down to the car over-the-air. I’ve received two such updates since I’ve owned the car and each update has contained delightful new features and added capabilities to the car. One even made a subtle change to the cars driving dynamics! (I told you, everything in this car is electronically controlled)

Read my full review over on my blog:
My review of the Tesla Model S s Blog

Attachments

• IMG_4171-800x600.jpg
    IMG_4171-800x600.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 626