Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My DIY cable organizer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jmdavies

Oct 5, 2016
IL
I wanted to keep my charging cable off the ground, and the hobbyist woodworker in refused to accept something as simple as a hardware store hook or hose hanger. After thinking through several different design options, I decided to model my cable organizer after the Tesla shield logo and to color-match it to my Midnight Silver Metallic MS. I have a few "in process" pictures, but here is the final result.

1. Tesla - Front.JPG

2. Tesla - Side 1.JPG

3. Tesla - Side 2.JPG

4. Tesla - Hanging 1.JPG

5. Tesla - Hanging 2.JPG

If you are bored and feel like making another I'll bet some readers on here would love to help you with your hobby

I'm pretty sure that people would not be willing to pay whatever I'd want to charge to make it worthwhile. :D

But, it was a fun project, and since I reused a few ideas I learned on this forum (especially regarding the part holding the power brick), I thought I would pay it forward by sharing.

And, sorry for the huge pictures...I didn't realize that they would show up like that!

So is it all wood and did you just jigsaw or bandsaw out the letters and logo?

Yes, it's all Baltic Birch plywood since that is stable enough to handle the hot summer and cold winter climate in a Midwest garage...and it's what I had available. I cut the letters and logo on a scroll saw, and much of the rest on a band saw.

Here is an in-process pic with the letters/logo just sitting on top of the shield:

Tesla - wood.JPG