Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My DIY Ohmmu Lithum 12v Model S Refresh Battery Install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Tesla my 12 volt battery needs replacing and im now out of warranty.
I decided to make a video of my Ohmmu Lithum battery install

If anyone is interested it can be found on youtube!

Excited to see how long the battery lasts. My battery has already been changed in the 3 and a half years iv owned it so it seams they only last 18 months for me.

Battery costs about $200 more than stock Tesla battery.

UPDATE: My car has been stuck downloading an update for 3-4 weeks now and Tesla couldnt repair it. My car finally downloaded the full update. Seems like the battery solved the issue!

Last edited:
$420?! For a 12v battery? That's silly. I don't get why people assume that just because something is more expensive, has a catchy name or both it's automatically better. For this particular 12v application, Lithium Ion is NOT a better solution. Even if the price was the exact same.

I get about 4-5 years out of a battery and they cost less than half of that to replace yourself even if you are out of warranty. No way are you getting 8-10 years out of one of those to justify the price difference. Saying that it "costs about $200 more than a Tesla battery" is disingenuous since that "about $200 more" is comparing it to a price that includes installation labor. So, you should note that the price difference includes you ordering, waiting for delivery and doing all of the work yourself versus opening the app, selecting service and letting some guy come and do the work for you for a total of $250 as a fair comparison. Otherwise, you can source your own battery if you don't mind doing the work and now your payoff period on the Li-Ion 12v goes to like 15 years before you break even. The math just doesn't make sense on these Lithium Ion 12v "upgrades" no matter how you run the numbers. The only person coming ahead is the person selling the "upgraded" batteries who is taking advantage of people who can't or won't think for themselves.

Also, Li-Ion has a specific temperature range that it needs which is why Li-Ion battery packs have temperature management. There is no management system at the 12v location. You run the rusk of falling bellow the basement or going above the ceiling in terms of temperature threshold.

Tesla is in the Lithium Ion battery cell business. They're pretty good at it too. They produce some of the best and least expensive Lithium Ion cells known to mankind. Do you genuinely think they'd outsource that piece and pay another company their profit if it were that simple?

Should have seen the post where another member claimed Tesla wants $450 for a 12volt in order to try to get folks to follow his affiliate link and buy lithium 12volt.........
If you pretend Tesla charges a lot more than they do you can.pretend the money works out.

I've got two warranty replacements with an invoice showing $250 clearly and plainly before being zero'd out due to warranty coverage. That's literally clicking a button in my app and having the magic sorcerer replace it while I don't even get up from my chair. It almost literally doesn't get any easier and more care-free than that other than if Tesla could get that error message notification and just show up and replace it for me w/o me even having to open an app to request it with a few clicks. That's the easiest solution plus it's the OEM option and it just happens to be half of the price of this one that requires you to do the work yourself. Tough to compare a product that effectively does nothing more for me other than costs 2x more and potentially causes more issues depending on climate and my particular use case. The thought that it's going to last long enough to offset the initial investment is snake oil.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Ostrichsak - I’m glad that you get 4 to 5 years out of a lead acid battery. (Although I’m not sure how you get that life and have already changed two batteries under warranty.) In Arizona no one gets 4 years even in an ICE car. Tesla’s 12V lead batteries do even worse than 12V lead batteries in ICE cars.

More importantly for me, if you’re on the road in an ICE car and your 12V quits you can always get a jump start and be on your way. Plus there’s always a NAPA or AutoZone nearby where you can always find your replacement in a hurry.

Tesla’s proprietary size and configuration batteries are NOT readily available everywhere and no simple jump start will get you on your way. For that reason alone, peace of mind and not being stranded, Ohmmu’s lithium battery was worth it for me. Our third lead acid battery recently died and I gladly paid a little more for Ohmmu’s lithium battery. Their proven track record of long life through brutal Arizona summers certainly convinced me to switch.

I hope that you continue to lead a charmed life where you’ve never been stuck in bad weather, far from home, on your way to an important meeting, etc. Most of us have suffered through at least one of those and would have gladly paid $200 to avoid it. Heck, most of us would pay $200 to just not worry about the prospect!

Ostrichsak - I’m glad that you get 4 to 5 years out of a lead acid battery. (Although I’m not sure how you get that life and have already changed two batteries under warranty.) In Arizona no one gets 4 years even in an ICE car. Tesla’s 12V lead batteries do even worse than 12V lead batteries in ICE cars.

More importantly for me, if you’re on the road in an ICE car and your 12V quits you can always get a jump start and be on your way. Plus there’s always a NAPA or AutoZone nearby where you can always find your replacement in a hurry.

Tesla’s proprietary size and configuration batteries are NOT readily available everywhere and no simple jump start will get you on your way. For that reason alone, peace of mind and not being stranded, Ohmmu’s lithium battery was worth it for me. Our third lead acid battery recently died and I gladly paid a little more for Ohmmu’s lithium battery. Their proven track record of long life through brutal Arizona summers certainly convinced me to switch.

I hope that you continue to lead a charmed life where you’ve never been stuck in bad weather, far from home, on your way to an important meeting, etc. Most of us have suffered through at least one of those and would have gladly paid $200 to avoid it. Heck, most of us would pay $200 to just not worry about the prospect!
That was my thinking exactly. I was getting 18 months. I'd pay extra and not have to deal with it every again especially with Teslas customer service track record

$420?! For a 12v battery? That's silly. I don't get why people assume that just because something is more expensive, has a catchy name or both it's automatically better. For this particular 12v application, Lithium Ion is NOT a better solution. Even if the price was the exact same.

I get about 4-5 years out of a battery and they cost less than half of that to replace yourself even if you are out of warranty. No way are you getting 8-10 years out of one of those to justify the price difference. Saying that it "costs about $200 more than a Tesla battery" is disingenuous since that "about $200 more" is comparing it to a price that includes installation labor. So, you should note that the price difference includes you ordering, waiting for delivery and doing all of the work yourself versus opening the app, selecting service and letting some guy come and do the work for you for a total of $250 as a fair comparison. Otherwise, you can source your own battery if you don't mind doing the work and now your payoff period on the Li-Ion 12v goes to like 15 years before you break even. The math just doesn't make sense on these Lithium Ion 12v "upgrades" no matter how you run the numbers. The only person coming ahead is the person selling the "upgraded" batteries who is taking advantage of people who can't or won't think for themselves.

Also, Li-Ion has a specific temperature range that it needs which is why Li-Ion battery packs have temperature management. There is no management system at the 12v location. You run the rusk of falling bellow the basement or going above the ceiling in terms of temperature threshold.

Tesla is in the Lithium Ion battery cell business. They're pretty good at it too. They produce some of the best and least expensive Lithium Ion cells known to mankind. Do you genuinely think they'd outsource that piece and pay another company their profit if it were that simple?

where to begin with the misinformation...

“Lithium ion” is an incredibly vague term and Tesla has only recently even started manufacturing their own... Panasonic has always been the manufacturer, not Tesla.

The Lithium battery chemistry utilized by Tesla in the drive packs of their vehicles is a blend of magnesium and cobalt to get a balance between high energy density and low impedance; this is specifically for performance and range. These cells are not good for an environment that is not temperature controlled or tightly regulated for current draws, additionally their nominal voltage per cell does not lend itself to compatibility within a 12V automotive system (using standard automotive parts).

So, what do these things mean? Tesla is not equipped to build a better 12V battery, it is 100% not in their wheelhouse much less their business plan.

Tesla vehicles use their 12V in a “deep-cycle” manner; meaning they charge/discharge them often (daily more than once).

So, since Tesla “can’t” do it how can it be done? Lithium Iron Phosphate battery chemistry is the answer to 12V system compatibility. The chemistry is much more stable at varied temperatures and states of charge and also has significantly longer cell cycle life than other Lithium chemistry’s. And it just so happens that the nominal voltage of an “LFP” cell does allow voltage compatibility with native 12V automotive systems.

The one thing about LFP tho, it is expensive and weighs a bit more than NMC, MNO, etc...

The Ohmmu 12V is out there because 1. Tesla is not equipped to provide such a battery and 2. The way a Tesla uses its 12V battery is generally much more “cycle” dependent which means a good deep cycle (lead sucks at cycling) is the better choice. Ohmmu utilizes LFP chemistry, which isn’t something Tesla has ever done nor has ever been part of their plan. Roughly 2x the money for a better battery with even just 2x the life is “worth” it in my opinion. Not to mention the efficiency gain and weight loss and less environmental damage from the LFP battery as additional perks.

Simple. The cars that have needed new batteries were bought used, had the factory 12v battery still and went 4-5 years in both cases. No special treatment given to achieve that lifespan either.

Now you want to say ICE and Tesla in the same breath in terms of 12v lifespan and reliability? They're not the same nor are they even used for the same task.

In an ICE application, a 12v battery needs the amperage to crank an engine in all temperature conditions. This is a HUGE strain on batteries and why one of the biggest selling terms is how many CCA or Cold Cranking Amps that particular battery has. Without enough CCA you can't start your car. This number weakens over time with use and is greatly affected by temperature and weather conditions. Comparatively, Tesla uses the 12v battery only to power the low-volt (12v) accessories. The demands for amperage are so much lower that the battery isn't stressed as much and Tesla can more closely monitor it's life expectancy via voltage and more accurately predict when it will fail given how linear the needs are in a Tesla system. The way they keep the battery charged is drastically different as well and therefore produce different results in terms of life expectancy. I could go on and on but you don't care that the two applications of 12v batteries between Tesla and ICE cars is fundamentally different so, why bother?

There's also a very important difference between Tesla and ICE cars in terms of 12v batteries: Tesla will TELL you well in advance that your 12v battery needs replaced. You'll get an error message and will quite literally have months to replace this before it's dead enough to actually stop working. This is dramatically different than my experience with 12v in ICE cars which tend to let you know your battery needs replaced by not starting on the first cold day of winter potentially leaving you stranded somewhere. You're trying to scare people into spending more money but the fact is that you're getting dangerously close to why Tesla doesn't even need them in your chief selling point which I've outlined above.

This isn't how Tesla works so pedal your snake oil somewhere else.

In fact, if i didn't know any better, many of your claims come from someone who doesn't even know how these cars work from a fundamental level which leads me to believe that you are receiving some sort of kick-back by passing this info along as an "owner" with first hand experience on evil 12v batteries.

where to begin with the misinformation...

“Lithium ion” is an incredibly vague term and Tesla has only recently even started manufacturing their own... Panasonic has always been the manufacturer, not Tesla.

The Lithium battery chemistry utilized by Tesla in the drive packs of their vehicles is a blend of magnesium and cobalt to get a balance between high energy density and low impedance; this is specifically for performance and range. These cells are not good for an environment that is not temperature controlled or tightly regulated for current draws, additionally their nominal voltage per cell does not lend itself to compatibility within a 12V automotive system (using standard automotive parts).

So, what do these things mean? Tesla is not equipped to build a better 12V battery, it is 100% not in their wheelhouse much less their business plan.

Tesla vehicles use their 12V in a “deep-cycle” manner; meaning they charge/discharge them often (daily more than once).

So, since Tesla “can’t” do it how can it be done? Lithium Iron Phosphate battery chemistry is the answer to 12V system compatibility. The chemistry is much more stable at varied temperatures and states of charge and also has significantly longer cell cycle life than other Lithium chemistry’s. And it just so happens that the nominal voltage of an “LFP” cell does allow voltage compatibility with native 12V automotive systems.

The one thing about LFP tho, it is expensive and weighs a bit more than NMC, MNO, etc...

The Ohmmu 12V is out there because 1. Tesla is not equipped to provide such a battery and 2. The way a Tesla uses its 12V battery is generally much more “cycle” dependent which means a good deep cycle (lead sucks at cycling) is the better choice. Ohmmu utilizes LFP chemistry, which isn’t something Tesla has ever done nor has ever been part of their plan. Roughly 2x the money for a better battery with even just 2x the life is “worth” it in my opinion. Not to mention the efficiency gain and weight loss and less environmental damage from the LFP battery as additional perks.
Where to begin with misinformation... I know, I'll counter with even MORE misinformation and irrelevant data in an effort to discredit someone who was speaking in generalities for simplicity sake!

Everyone knows that the term "Lithium Ion" is a vague term and doesn't fully capture the cell chemistry. I thought we were having this conversation from a place of mutual understanding of certain things that are just known. I guess not though otherwise you wouldn't have bothered with 80% of your word wall to try to make it seem like I don't understand basic concepts.

Saying that Tesla is more cycle dependent and therefore would benefit best from a deep cycle battery only proves you don't know what you're talking about. The intent of a deep cycle battery is be able to deplete to very low levels and still provide the CCA that a internal combustion engine needs to turn over. This is an incredible amount of amperage needed and a deep cycle can provide this with the added bonus of recovering it's state of charge better as well. This simple doesn't even apply to a Tesla that uses a 12v battery ONLY to power it's low-voltage accessories where the amperage required is measured in the tens and not the hundreds that's required to turn an ICE over. Two totally different applications and use cases.

If a deep cycle or this LiPo or LFP or whatever marketing gimmick you want to call it was truly better than Tesla would use it especially since they're they only car manufacturer I know of that will warranty a dead 12v battery. If this snake oil battery offered ANY benefit to performance or bottom line Tesla would already use it. Simple as that.

The Ohmmu is there because 1. some people have more money than brains and they need to be parted from their money.

There is no #2. That's the only reason this exists. It's the answer looking for a question that nobody is asking and doing so at a premium that's 2x the price tag and will never come close to lasting 2x longer in most situations justifying the price tag difference.

Did anyone say this was a Lithium Ion battery? I'm assuming this is a Lithium Iron Phosphate which is far more durable than the former and doesn't degrade when sitting fully charged.

Where to begin with misinformation... I know, I'll counter with even MORE misinformation and irrelevant data in an effort to discredit someone who was speaking in generalities for simplicity sake!

Everyone knows that the term "Lithium Ion" is a vague term and doesn't fully capture the cell chemistry. I thought we were having this conversation from a place of mutual understanding of certain things that are just known. I guess not though otherwise you wouldn't have bothered with 80% of your word wall to try to make it seem like I don't understand basic concepts.

Saying that Tesla is more cycle dependent and therefore would benefit best from a deep cycle battery only proves you don't know what you're talking about. The intent of a deep cycle battery is be able to deplete to very low levels and still provide the CCA that a internal combustion engine needs to turn over. This is an incredible amount of amperage needed and a deep cycle can provide this with the added bonus of recovering it's state of charge better as well. This simple doesn't even apply to a Tesla that uses a 12v battery ONLY to power it's low-voltage accessories where the amperage required is measured in the tens and not the hundreds that's required to turn an ICE over. Two totally different applications and use cases.

If a deep cycle or this LiPo or LFP or whatever marketing gimmick you want to call it was truly better than Tesla would use it especially since they're they only car manufacturer I know of that will warranty a dead 12v battery. If this snake oil battery offered ANY benefit to performance or bottom line Tesla would already use it. Simple as that.

The Ohmmu is there because 1. some people have more money than brains and they need to be parted from their money.

There is no #2. That's the only reason this exists. It's the answer looking for a question that nobody is asking and doing so at a premium that's 2x the price tag and will never come close to lasting 2x longer in most situations justifying the price tag difference.

I may live to regret further discussion since it seems you are arguing for the sake of arguing but... chemistry is important because a portion of your claims are inaccurate depending on which chemistry you are referring to.

I think, to me, it seems you are of the mindset that “if Tesla didn’t do it, obviously it can’t be better”... to which I can say it looks like you drive a P85? So I hope when your door handle paddle gear fails you explicitly tell whoever repairs it you want a pot-metal cast aluminum gear to be used once again... and don’t upgrade to MCU2 either since obviously Nvidia is the best possible microprocessor to use there... being “stuck” in time is not making anything better and working under the assumption that a huge corporation with profit as the bottom line is always choosing the very best possible parts and technologies for each and every one of the 1000’s of components on a vehicle, is mind boggling to me...

there are always better ways to do things, innovation happens all over the place and tho I hope it never happens to you, Tesla’s often fail with no 12V warning and even leave their drivers stranded when it happens.

I just did two installations this morning on Model 3s, both of which died with no warning from dead 12V, you can see the batteries expanding to the point of almost cracking, yet no alert... Tesla is a great and the cars are wonderful, but they are not perfect man...

Simple. The cars that have needed new batteries were bought used, had the factory 12v battery still and went 4-5 years in both cases. No special treatment given to achieve that lifespan either.

Now you want to say ICE and Tesla in the same breath in terms of 12v lifespan and reliability? They're not the same nor are they even used for the same task.

In an ICE application, a 12v battery needs the amperage to crank an engine in all temperature conditions. This is a HUGE strain on batteries and why one of the biggest selling terms is how many CCA or Cold Cranking Amps that particular battery has. Without enough CCA you can't start your car. This number weakens over time with use and is greatly affected by temperature and weather conditions. Comparatively, Tesla uses the 12v battery only to power the low-volt (12v) accessories. The demands for amperage are so much lower that the battery isn't stressed as much and Tesla can more closely monitor it's life expectancy via voltage and more accurately predict when it will fail given how linear the needs are in a Tesla system. The way they keep the battery charged is drastically different as well and therefore produce different results in terms of life expectancy. I could go on and on but you don't care that the two applications of 12v batteries between Tesla and ICE cars is fundamentally different so, why bother?

There's also a very important difference between Tesla and ICE cars in terms of 12v batteries: Tesla will TELL you well in advance that your 12v battery needs replaced. You'll get an error message and will quite literally have months to replace this before it's dead enough to actually stop working. This is dramatically different than my experience with 12v in ICE cars which tend to let you know your battery needs replaced by not starting on the first cold day of winter potentially leaving you stranded somewhere. You're trying to scare people into spending more money but the fact is that you're getting dangerously close to why Tesla doesn't even need them in your chief selling point which I've outlined above.

This isn't how Tesla works so pedal your snake oil somewhere else.

In fact, if i didn't know any better, many of your claims come from someone who doesn't even know how these cars work from a fundamental level which leads me to believe that you are receiving some sort of kick-back by passing this info along as an "owner" with first hand experience on evil 12v batteries.
I’m not receiving any “kickback”, just trying to help others understand their options. I did not insult you so I don’t know why are insulting me or using phrases like “snake oil.” Uncool. However, I do “pedal” when I ride my bike. I don’t “peddle” anything here or anywhere else.

I know ICE cars use their batteries differently and keep them charged up vs Tesla’s “deep cycle” route. (That makes batteries in Teslas wear out faster, not last longer, by the way.) My point was that lead acid batteries do not last very long in Arizona’s heat, even with the gentler cycling of ICE cars.

Given Tesla’s common refusal to share any maintenance history with second owners, I’m not sure how you know that you were the first to replace the batteries, but, even if you could be sure, from my reading of this forum, yours would be the edge case, not mine or all the others.

Teslas should give a 12V warning, but as we read in many situations recounted on this forum, that does not always happen. (I’m not sure where you have seen people getting months of advance warning — the most I’ve seen on this forum are days and many virtually no warning at all.) Even if you had a warning while on a road trip, you’re still not getting home without either being stranded or relying on finding a service center able to help you with both an appointment time and the correct battery in stock.

Unlike an ICE car, if your Tesla’s 12V dies, you are stuck: can’t get in the car, can’t get in the frunk, etc. If you have the misfortune to suffer a 12V failure overnight during an update, you might be really stuck! Where a new 12V battery doesn’t solve your problem at all. You don’t have to look far on this forum to see those tales of woe. I haven’t seen what Tesla’s out-of-warranty charge might be for rescuing a broken update but I know the tow bill alone will be more than Ohmmu’s price difference. God forbid it hastens an eMMC demise!

Out-of-warranty is another issue, besides reliability, that you’re not considering. As early Tesla adopters and their cars age, we have to pay all the repair and maintenance costs. $250 every 18 to 24 months in Arizona or $420 48 months or more? Again, the money savings for me is just icing on the dependability cake.

In closing, I’ll repeat: I hope that you continue to lead a charmed life where you never get stranded. I wish you well.

• Informative
Reactions: Dukeybootie
I paid just over $500 to have the Ohmmu installed at the 4 yr / 100k mile as a preventive maintenance measure, by an Ohmmu partner who happened to be a custom EV coachbuilder who had just finished projects for [famous people I have heard of]. There were a number of amazing cars in his shop at that time in the process of undergoing EV conversions. We chatted after the work was done and it was fun getting to know him and his passion. I'm pretty sure he knows what he is doing and I feel the same about the Ohmmu guys. Guess I have more money than brains according to some people here.

Most of the time there will be an early enough warning on the standard 12V battery. But there are enough instances where the failure is abrupt and without warning, and as others have mentioned, I don't want to deal with that sort of crap. An extra $200-300 for additional peace of mind is worth it to me. The fact that I am supporting small business Tesla enthusiasts sits well with me too.

People spend way more than $200-300 on purely cosmetic things like chrome delete, carbon fiber wraps, painted brake calipers, and spoilers on cars not hitting 100+ on racetracks regularly. I say good for them -- it's their car, they should do what makes them happy. Don't understand what compels someone to come here and constantly spew venom all over Ohmmu and its customers.

Wow, some people really like to get caught up in the weeds with details that are irrelevant to this topic. Obvious distraction & discredit tactic is obvious.

Listen, I've got a life outside of internet forums so I'm not going to bother reading the entirety of the word walls aimed at me above nor am I addressing the irrelevant points contained within each one.

Let's make this easier....

What performance gains can an owner expect from this "12v super battery" in his or her Tesla? I want quantifiable improvements and not just emotional marketing BS. Tell me how the day-to-day performance of said battery will be noticeably better. Spoiler alert: It won't. Plain and simple. The owner's stereo won't play clearer and the wiper blades won't move more crisply. The seat heaters won't warm quicker and the turn signals won't blink better. The function that the battery performs will be identical to whatever Tesla puts in them now. 12v is 12v is 12v as far as a Tesla car is concerned since there's no heavy load requirements. Despite what the marketing snail oil salesman try to convince you, it literally doesn't matter what type of battery you put in as long as it works. Period.

So now that we got that out of the way, let's discuss the only possible difference that this "12v super battery" offers and that's overall life expectancy. I've owned five Tesla Model S cars now and the average 12v battery life is roughly 4-5 years in my experience. At a bare minimum, these "12v super batteries" need to last twice as long to justify the price difference. Simple math. Anything less and it's a waste of money as you're better off replacing the standard battery when it fails. So tell me... does this "12v super battery" come with an 8-10 year warranty for replacement? If not, what are we even talking about here?

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec

Heat is what kills lead acid batteries people think it is cold but those of us in coldclimates just discover the damage come winter.

My car started life in New Mexico I had the 12volt changed by Tesla at 4 years old. 2 years since and no problems yet.

All that said your belief that the lithium 12volt will last is based on little more than marketing material. I refused to buy from them 2 years ago because the SALESMAN completely dismissed my concerns about the climate where I live dropping to at least -15f every winter and I have seen -25f a few winters.

I installed an Ohmmu earlier this year and I instantly noticed a reduction in the vampire drain. Over the life of my car - 4 years and 100k miles, my vampire drain was a constant 8 to 10 miles per day. After Ohmmu, it dropped to less than 5. So there is a range / energy use benefit.

Also, over the 4 years I have owned this S, its 12v died twice. The 2nd time was when I decided switch to the Ohmmu. So far it's been good, but it's only 6 months old.

My other S just had its 12v die, 22 months old. It will get an Ohmmu.

FYI, I work on lots of salvage Tesla's. I can confirm that aprox 2 years is the normal life of a 12v and sometimes they do fail without warning, although that has gotten better with newer software, it still does happen.

I installed an Ohmmu earlier this year and I instantly noticed a reduction in the vampire drain. Over the life of my car - 4 years and 100k miles, my vampire drain was a constant 8 to 10 miles per day. After Ohmmu, it dropped to less than 5. So there is a range / energy use benefit.

Also, over the 4 years I have owned this S, its 12v died twice. The 2nd time was when I decided switch to the Ohmmu. So far it's been good, but it's only 6 months old.

My other S just had its 12v die, 22 months old. It will get an Ohmmu.

FYI, I work on lots of salvage Tesla's. I can confirm that aprox 2 years is the normal life of a 12v and sometimes they do fail without warning, although that has gotten better with newer software, it still does happen.
What a load of BS!

I love how people are making crazy claims like "my 12v battery only lasts 18-months!" and "My phantom drain is 10 miles per day!" as if either of these is common. Both of these (without any supporting data like if you use 3rd party apps that constantly pole or if it's really hot out and CoP is running A/C regularly) would indicate a problem with your car that no battery chemistry change is going to magically cure. This is a a load of horse feces being sold at a 2x premium.

It's also telling that they aren't trying to say a certain 12v battery chemistry was the solution but instead it was a specific brand that solved all of their problems: Ohmmu!

GTFO

Heat is what kills lead acid batteries people think it is cold but those of us in coldclimates just discover the damage come winter.

My car started life in New Mexico I had the 12volt changed by Tesla at 4 years old. 2 years since and no problems yet.

All that said your belief that the lithium 12volt will last is based on little more than marketing material. I refused to buy from them 2 years ago because the SALESMAN completely dismissed my concerns about the climate where I live dropping to at least -15f every winter and I have seen -25f a few winters.
I think you quoted the wrong post?