Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Door Trim Discoloration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 10 week old MY, and the black trim is starting to show rainbows and almost a rust in some places.
Assuming this is from chemicals in a touchless car wash.

Thoughts on restoring it, then protecting it?
IMG_3091.jpeg
IMG_3090.jpeg
IMG_3092.jpeg

I wanted to send an update. So far I have tried the Orange degreaser from chemical guys and meguiars hyper dressing. Back to Black hasn't arrived yet. The orange degreaser helped, but the pattern was clearly still there. Maybe I needed to use more and rub harder. The Mequiars hyper dressing made it look much better, almost as good as before. I can still sort of see a little of the soap pattern, but it is very hard to see. I don't know how long it will last, but I will keep you updated.

Below image is after and before using the orange degreaser.
IMG_1387.jpeg

Below image is After and Before the Mequiars.
IMG_1385.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart and Lozzy
Is this something we just have to live with now? I've never heard of any other car's plastic getting affected like this from a car wash before.
It's actually not plastic, it's black anodized aluminum. I used WD40 on a microfiber towel and it turned out pretty good. I'm going to wait a couple of days then apply 303 Aerospace Protectant. But I agree with everyone else that should not be happening to such an expensive car!