Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Dream Has Always Been to Have a Karaoke Machine on Wheels: Testing Out the New Caraoke Feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

My karaoke-compatible coworkers and I test-drove the new Caraoke feature in the latest M3 update. Our sextet agreed in advance on the song, schlepped small instruments and microphones, parked in San Diego's East Village, and recorded this on the first take. Thought I would share.

Bottom line: I'm so psyched that Tesla has catered to my Japanese cultural heritage! I always had faith the M3 would be the best vehicle in the universe. I've had it for 21 months now and it's getting closer to perfect.

This is not a commercial or a paid endorsement, by the way. (That said, we are open to being booked for Mr. Musk's wedding or bar mitzvah.)

I hope the library of songs expands, however. It could definitely use much more hip hop.

My apologies for some misplaced notes in the xylophone solo. R.I.P. George Michael.

I was hoping that it will use the car's in cabin mic as microphone to add depth and echo to your voice and mix in with the music like a real Karaoke machine! And a pitch change option. I tried to sing a Tyler Swift song... first one listed on there... big mistake LOL. Well, maybe the next software update!

Yeah, this new feature is surprisingly fun! I've only used it twice, but had a ball both times. First time was with some friends, second time was with my mother-in-law who definitely doesn't get technology and had no idea what karaoke was (although she had heard the word). She loved it! We same a Johnny Cash tune (Ring of Fire) together.

My karaoke-compatible coworkers and I test-drove the new Caraoke feature in the latest M3 update. Our sextet agreed in advance on the song, schlepped small instruments and microphones, parked in San Diego's East Village, and recorded this on the first take. Thought I would share.

Bottom line: I'm so psyched that Tesla has catered to my Japanese cultural heritage! I always had faith the M3 would be the best vehicle in the universe. I've had it for 21 months now and it's getting closer to perfect.

This is not a commercial or a paid endorsement, by the way. (That said, we are open to being booked for Mr. Musk's wedding or bar mitzvah.)

I hope the library of songs expands, however. It could definitely use much more hip hop.

My apologies for some misplaced notes in the xylophone solo. R.I.P. George Michael.
This is fantastic!! We need more!! Maybe add some cowbell next time.