TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

My driver door closes by itself?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Nototrader, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Nototrader

Nototrader Member

Sometime between my last service appointment for unrelated issues and the last update, I noticed that sometimes my front door closes by itself. I assumed that I touched the brake and didn't realize. But today, as I was getting out of my car at a restaurant, I was waiting for the valet to come over while the door was open, the door suddenly just closed shut. Is this a new feature or is my car suddenly insane?

2. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

Was auto walk away locking enabled? I think this will close the door if you walk far enough away. Also, were the keys in your pocket? I've had a few times the lock button will get pressed in my pocket which will close the door.

3. Nototrader

Nototrader Member

Yes. Auto walk away is enabled but I was a foot away from the door. It also happens when I get into the car and sit down, before my foot touches the brake pedal. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to notice it isn't a coincidence. As for the key in the pocket thing, I get that except that this never happened before my last update/service pickup. Very strange.

4. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

If you notice abnormal behavior reboot - at least that's what Bill Gates has taught us CTL-ALT-DEL;)

5. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

Have you noticed issues with it not auto presenting the driver door unless you are right next to it? Any messages about key not present? If the key battery is weak it may think you left the car. So it could be the battery in the fob needs replacing. Just an idea.

6. napabill

napabill Active Member

Yesterday I was sitting in the drivers seat with the door open chatting with a friend. Every 10 seconds or so, the door would attempt to close. And I do not have the auto opening enabled. This seems to be a new behavior since .45. Will try a reboot to see if this eliminates the behavior.

7. e_joules4all

e_joules4all Member

Don't you have to close all the windows first? :D

• Funny x 5
  8. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

This happens to me if my wife has her key with her.

9. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Yea, I had the fob in my pocket yesterday and was reaching into the trunk. Somehow I hit the lock button and my head smashed into the rear hatch

10. Pdub2015

Pdub2015 Member

Wow, talk about First World problems! :D

11. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

I and others have posted elsewhere that there are fob pouches which block communication with the car so these things don't happen. Yes it makes it tough because you then have to fish the fob out of the pouch when you actually need to drive the X, but as @Pdub2015 said, "First World problems!"

12. SMSMD

SMSMD Member