Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My email to Tesla regarding the P3D+ $5k loss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have a Tesla contact for someone that can help me with a few important issues Dealing with the $5,500 price loss Of my P3D+ since I took delivery?
For the record I’m NOT willing to forfeit my Free Unlimited Supercharging For Life for a $5k refund that Elon offered to take back on Twitter Friday in exchange for the $5k refund. Free Unlimited Supercharging For Lifewas a separate incentive for using a friends referral code, which qualified me to receive that FREE benefit.
Tesla needs to come up with a better offer, because I refuse to return my Free Unlimited Supercharging For Life that I was awarded.

As a Tesla supporter who volunteered to help with deliveries at the Brandon delivery center on 9/29 to help with big Q3 push I’m extremely upset about how this behind the scenes restructuring transpired, basically instantly dropping the value of my Performance model 3 with PUP by $5k overnight only 37 days after my rushed delivery which was originally scheduled for 10/02/2018 but I volunteered to take delivery early and pay cash which now seems to have worked against me. I called to complain about this issue and spoke with Roy based out of Las Vegas Nevada on Saturday he was aware of other complaints like mine and he mentioned to me that there was nothing yet in place for Tesla to do about this issue at that time.

The other issue being a $200 Tesla credit that is missing from my account that was promised to me be the Tampa Service Center manager for paint defects.

Roy said he couldn’t see anything on my account reflecting a $200 credit (I had originally asked for a $500 Tesla credit)

I sincerely hope this matter it’s taken seriously by Tesla and hope that a mutually agreeable offer will be made to me to rectify this situation. Please forward this email to upper level Tesla management and ask to respond to me by my email address on file with Tesla.

Sincerely,

Exactly how I feel too. We are the minority. But cash talks. We are the most valuable cash customers. How bad do they want my $25k profit on the next model Y?

Do you have a Tesla contact for someone that can help me with a few important issues Dealing with the $5,500 price loss Of my P3D+ since I took delivery?
For the record I’m NOT willing to forfeit my Free Unlimited Supercharging For Life for a $5k refund that Elon offered to take back on Twitter Friday in exchange for the $5k refund. Free Unlimited Supercharging For Lifewas a separate incentive for using a friends referral code, which qualified me to receive that FREE benefit.
Tesla needs to come up with a better offer, because I refuse to return my Free Unlimited Supercharging For Life that I was awarded.

As a Tesla supporter who volunteered to help with deliveries at the Brandon delivery center on 9/29 to help with big Q3 push I’m extremely upset about how this behind the scenes restructuring transpired, basically instantly dropping the value of my Performance model 3 with PUP by $5k overnight only 37 days after my rushed delivery which was originally scheduled for 10/02/2018 but I volunteered to take delivery early and pay cash which now seems to have worked against me. I called to complain about this issue and spoke with Roy based out of Las Vegas Nevada on Saturday he was aware of other complaints like mine and he mentioned to me that there was nothing yet in place for Tesla to do about this issue at that time.

The other issue being a $200 Tesla credit that is missing from my account that was promised to me be the Tampa Service Center manager for paint defects.

Roy said he couldn’t see anything on my account reflecting a $200 credit (I had originally asked for a $500 Tesla credit)

I sincerely hope this matter it’s taken seriously by Tesla and hope that a mutually agreeable offer will be made to me to rectify this situation. Please forward this email to upper level Tesla management and ask to respond to me by my email address on file with Tesla.

Sincerely,
Stop it please. Enjoy the car you bought for the price you agreed to pay. Everyone knows prices change offers change and even more so with Tesla.

I agree that we purchase and paid for a car at a certain price, but I disagree how Elon handled the price change and how Tesla in general runs its business. We all agree cars go up and down in pricing, but I dont believe that pricing model pertains to Tesla since their business model differs from let's say Toyota. Because each sale is different and equates to a different price; whether this is based on credit or incentives. Meanwhile, Tesla is a price that is equated and finalized before the car is even delivered, thus, I believe you can't compare the two with price drops or rebates. And this particularly annoys me because I could have returned the car because its within the 3 day window, which In hindsight I should have done, because I dont believe I should forfeit the Supercharging based on the referral code and would have had a car with the lower sticker price if I picked it up on Friday instead of Wednesday. And I dont believe anyone outside of Elon or a billionaire would think getting a car 3 days earlier is better than an extra 5k in the bank.

Let's say the price went up after you purchased your Model 3. Would you be demanding that Tesla bill you for the additional cost? Same with a price decrease. You pay what you pay at the time and then have to live with subsequent price changes, down or up.
What artsci said... While it doesn't feel good when it's not in your favor, once you are beyond the return period... it's kind of a moot point. I would be elated if Elon was going to offer me any money back on the purchase I already signed off on...

I do selfishly wish Elon would offer 3D the ability to upgrade to P3D- via software for the meager amount the P3D- owners have in the performance upgrade... But if they stopped selling P3D-'s, that's probably got a probability next to zero.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Buying a Tesla isn't the same as buying a BMW. You don't go to a car lot and either custom order from a standardized list of options, or drive off WITH THE CAR, you actually test drive the car you are purchasing (much of the time). Tesla takes your reservation money, tells you virtually nothing, then you get an email "go configure your car now and send us more money that is non refundable". Is this the contract to which you refer? Or is it the one when they tell you your car is "on the way", or when you go in to take delivery, hand over money, and the car is possibly not there, possibly substandard, an even more rare possibility "meets expectations from what I can tell right now"? You do understand during that entire saga, Tesla has changed many, many parts, policies, etc.? "

And if Unlimited Supercharging is "no big deal", then why is it such a big deal to just placate those who believe it is, by making it either standard, a referral premium, or an option?

I believe a large part of this guy's increasing frustration is the lack of communication, and conflicting information from Tesla. It sounds to me like he is being yanked around and this entire drama could have been deescalated with some early courteous intervention

Buying a Tesla isn't the same as buying a BMW. You don't go to a car lot and either custom order from a standardized list of options, or drive off WITH THE CAR, you actually test drive the car you are purchasing (much of the time). Tesla takes your reservation money, tells you virtually nothing, then you get an email "go configure your car now and send us more money that is non refundable". Is this the contract to which you refer? Or is it the one when they tell you your car is "on the way", or when you go in to take delivery, hand over money, and the car is possibly not there, possibly substandard, an even more rare possibility "meets expectations from what I can tell right now"? You do understand during that entire saga, Tesla has changed many, many parts, policies, etc.? "

And if Unlimited Supercharging is "no big deal", then why is it such a big deal to just placate those who believe it is, by making it either standard, a referral premium, or an option?

I believe a large part of this guy's increasing frustration is the lack of communication, and conflicting information from Tesla. It sounds to me like he is being yanked around and this entire drama could have been deescalated with some early courteous intervention

I can totally understand everything you said... If you are too close to Tesla's inner workings, it can be really frustrating because they are indeed all over the place... You see people getting Performance model's when they ordered and paid for an AWD, get EAP without paying for it, etc. And on the other hand you get crapped on with a car with defects after an awful delivery experience and then the defects get made worse by service and you just take it on the chin because you are afraid the car is going to get molested further if you take it back to service... I can totally understand people frustrated with how out of order things have been though this whole process and how some people make out like bandits and some people get put through the wringer. It is definitely not a standardized experience at this point.

You just kind of have to step back and put horse blinders on if you are someone that gets upset over that stuff, myself included.

I will say that letter he sent was kind of terribly written if he was trying to get the outcome he wants... Whomever received it probably isn't going to go to bat for him the way they perhaps could have.

Last edited:
This is not comparable to a price drop from BMW or Mercedes. If it's offered like Elon suggested on Twitter, it's an exchange between two things of value.

I probably did not make it very clear. What I meant was when Tesla comes out with a better value it will affect not just value of the Model 3 but every car on the market too. Things do happen.

Agree with most other things you said though.

Reactions: MarkS22
I agree that we purchase and paid for a car at a certain price, but I disagree how Elon handled the price change and how Tesla in general runs its business. We all agree cars go up and down in pricing, but I dont believe that pricing model pertains to Tesla since their business model differs from let's say Toyota. Because each sale is different and equates to a different price; whether this is based on credit or incentives. Meanwhile, Tesla is a price that is equated and finalized before the car is even delivered, thus, I believe you can't compare the two with price drops or rebates. And this particularly annoys me because I could have returned the car because its within the 3 day window, which In hindsight I should have done, because I dont believe I should forfeit the Supercharging based on the referral code and would have had a car with the lower sticker price if I picked it up on Friday instead of Wednesday. And I dont believe anyone outside of Elon or a billionaire would think getting a car 3 days earlier is better than an extra 5k in the bank.
Excellent point, this same scenario also creates a problem for people that ordered P3D-‘s that ordered on October 22-25 that just received VIN’s, which the future owner’s Tesla accounts are not showing any of the upgraded (former PUP) features on the Final Purchase Agreement

It doesn't work the other way either.

That's the point.

And no, the customer isn't always right. Or can I have a Tesla for free?

FAC0FD2A-B2B5-4705-A2F8-968F1562FE7B.jpeg

B57C7344-2D51-496F-B4C7-171D508E8E3B.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Great discussion, I wish this community could peacefully exchange thoughts in a civilized manner like the two having this discussion about the P3D PUP restructuring mess.

This thread has been pretty civilized. Disagreeing with your viewpoint and calling out why != uncivilized. Your email is similarly frank, aggressive, and direct as the comments you probably consider uncivilized.

If we just sit here and agree to disagree we miss the opportunity to argue and explore opposing viewpoints.

Head to the "Snipiness" thread to see some real lack of civility!