TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My energy use

Discussion in 'Canada' started by LazMan, Jun 11, 2013.

Tags:
  1. LazMan

LazMan Member

In the somewhat warm weather, I find it very easy to beat the EPA energy estimate.

Driving to work and back and a little bit around the city, I went 49.5 km today. Total energy was 8.8 kWh and average energy was 177 Wh/km. This was a round trip so no net elevation change. This is based on the "since last charge" display.

Over the last few weeks I've gone 1755 km with a total energy use of 337.3 kWh and an average 192 Wh/km. This is probably about 50% highway driving. Driving my Prius, I never came close to matching the EPA estimate.

I think the rated energy is based on the EPA estimate of 193 Wh/km.

+1 for Tesla.

2. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I am easily beating 300 Wh/mi on my 80 to 90 mile round-trip commute in this weather. In early March when I got the car, I was nearly double that.