Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My estimated delivery date disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I shifted from 12/17-12/31 to 3/17-4/12 today, it’ll probably bounce back. If not perhaps it gives me a shot at the 4680s or some time to improve QC on the new units coming out of Austin. I’ll take any silver lining I can get.

No, it's jumping back forth. pushed to Feb-Mar 2022 at one point then come back again to Nov 16-Dec 21 and now is showing Dec 21 - Dec 31, 2021.
If it's that close to 2022, I can't find a reason not to push it after Jan 1 to get the tax credit.
Agreed…. ANyone know how that works? Meaning how can you push the date w/o losing your place or incurring price changes…

I shifted from 12/17-12/31 to 3/17-4/12 today, it’ll probably bounce back. If not perhaps it gives me a shot at the 4680s or some time to improve QC on the new units coming out of Austin. I’ll take any silver lining I can get.
I jumped back 2.5 months yesterday, not quite as bad as you. My EDD window was Nov 3rd - Dec 1st yesterday morning. Meaning my delivery window was TWO DAYS FROM NOW. And then yesterday afternoon it jumped to Jan 18 - Feb 15th. Woof. At least it looks like the tax credit will be more likely?

No, it's jumping back forth. pushed to Feb-Mar 2022 at one point then come back again to Nov 16-Dec 21 and now is showing Dec 21 - Dec 31, 2021.
If it's that close to 2022, I can't find a reason not to push it after Jan 1 to get the tax credit.
I’m with you. If I get a date past week 1 December I’m pushing it to January…. I can wait three weeks for the potential of 10 grand. That being said I’m not sure what is left of the Biden agenda after the trouncing in the Virginia governors races yesterday. It shouldn’t matter but I fear it will. I don’t trust politics and politicians to do the right thing very often if ever. Without a progressive super majority all bets are 50/50 at best from my chair. Manchin has yet one more excuse to try to save his fossil fuel buddies…. He will take it.

Reactions: kiddole
I jumped back 2.5 months yesterday, not quite as bad as you. My EDD window was Nov 3rd - Dec 1st yesterday morning. Meaning my delivery window was TWO DAYS FROM NOW. And then yesterday afternoon it jumped to Jan 18 - Feb 15th. Woof. At least it looks like the tax credit will be more likely?
I jumped back up to Nov 17-29 and am moderately annoyed. If there was no tax credit I’d definitely take delivery, but I can’t pretend that a $10k carrot isn’t enticing to me (multiple kids in daycare mean I have to be a little cost-conscious for a couple more years, lol).

Reactions: pgcoco
I jumped back up to Nov 17-29 and am moderately annoyed. If there was no tax credit I’d definitely take delivery, but I can’t pretend that a $10k carrot isn’t enticing to me (multiple kids in daycare mean I have to be a little cost-conscious for a couple more years, lol).
I totally agree with what you mean. My Edd changed to Dec 23-Dec 31 and is same for the last one week. If the EV credit is finalized soon, I won't take delivery this year but then I fear how far back in line they will put me? Don't want to wait too much either. In a big limbo!!

I totally agree with what you mean. My Edd changed to Dec 23-Dec 31 and is same for the last one week. If the EV credit is finalized soon, I won't take delivery this year but then I fear how far back in line they will put me? Don't want to wait too much either. In a big limbo!!
If the EV credit was 100% locked in, I might try and push delivery back. But I just got my VIN (this morning!!) and the EV credit is a huge mystery. So….I’ll just take my car now thank you very much. ;-)

Reactions: down in a hole
Hey guys,

What's the longest you had your delivery dates missing? I placed the order in November but asked to have it paused until I come up with finance. On December 27th I placed my order and all the way until January 3rd I had expected DD. However, now it's been missing for about 3 weeks... M3 LR White with Aero wheels.

Hey guys,

What's the longest you had your delivery dates missing? I placed the order in November but asked to have it paused until I come up with finance. On December 27th I placed my order and all the way until January 3rd I had expected DD. However, now it's been missing for about 3 weeks... M3 LR White with Aero wheels.
I’ve had EDD TBD on and off for about 6 weeks total, early on I had it for about 3 weeks, then 1 and 2 weeks after I applied Carrier Direct to my order. I’m not sure if you have that additional shipping step or it could just be the system finding the slot for your order, but it’s not highly unusual. I’d recommend calling the customer service line and just asking if they can see anything behind the scenes, and include a note that you know it could shift further… that seems to grease the skids a bit as far as them sharing any internal dates.