Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My estimated delivery date disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I just found this forum a few days ago and am overwhelmed with so many questions 😩

Here’s my info- still learning all the abbreviations
Order 8/11 Model Y, Metallic Silver, Black Interior, 7 seat, Tow Hitch
Choose Tesla financing, approved through JP Morgan
Delivery date estimate: 12/15-1/14 today says 12/15-12/31

ok here’s my questions:
1) what are all the acronyms lol
2) Is the delivery date really bogus? Reading everyone’s horror stories is diminishing my excitement
3) If I accepted financing already and am waiting for the agreement button to be clickable, does this take a while?
4) I’ve been reading about people’s loans expiring, should I have not applied for financing yet?
5) what’s the easiest way to navigate this forum for newby’s?

Frist - congrats -- here is your digital shirt - :)

Also - welcome to the "Team Wait" -- (while I am no longer a member I just lurk in the background)

1) there are a lot, which ones are you asking about :)
2) From my view - Yes 100% bogus - until you have a Delivery Date (an apportionment booked) that normally holds true (didn't in my case but....) :)
3) In general - you will not have the 'final' action of payments and agreements updated until the appointment is booked and might see those updated actions 2-5 days out from picking up the vehicle - I didn't have final actions until only a few days before and a new 'agreement' was digitally signed. Also - don't call the bank, they don't know anything until you have a VIN / final paperwork - that is how the bank tracked the loan by the VIN -- well it was for me. I got emails from the bank only after final delivery to setup an account for online access.
4) I didn't have any issues with going Tesla Finance expiring; my order date was 5/14/2021 and the pick date was 8/7/2021 -- no 'issues' on the loan actions from the Tesla Profile - Side note - I have seen where for example Bank of America loans offer(s) were only good for X days (mine was 45 days) then need to get an updated/request a new offer, but in that case, it was NOT going through Tesla, it was just for me to compare rates.
5) Search icon - to be honest -- but if you are looking for something just ask or start a new thread if needed -- I normally start here: Model Y to see what is going on - but really search is the best way to 'find' a topic I am looking for.

Attachments

• 1628015993094.png
    1628015993094.png
    327 KB · Views: 107
Frist - congrats -- here is your digital shirt - :)

Also - welcome to the "Team Wait" -- (while I am no longer a member I just lurk in the background)

1) there are a lot, which ones are you asking about :)
2) From my view - Yes 100% bogus - until you have a Delivery Date (an apportionment booked) that normally holds true (didn't in my case but....) :)
3) In general - you will not have the 'final' action of payments and agreements updated until the appointment is booked and might see those updated actions 2-5 days out from picking up the vehicle - I didn't have final actions until only a few days before and a new 'agreement' was digitally signed. Also - don't call the bank, they don't know anything until you have a VIN / final paperwork - that is how the bank tracked the loan by the VIN -- well it was for me. I got emails from the bank only after final delivery to setup an account for online access.
4) I didn't have any issues with going Tesla Finance expiring; my order date was 5/14/2021 and the pick date was 8/7/2021 -- no 'issues' on the loan actions from the Tesla Profile - Side note - I have seen where for example Bank of America loans offer(s) were only good for X days (mine was 45 days) then need to get an updated/request a new offer, but in that case, it was NOT going through Tesla, it was just for me to compare rates.
5) Search icon - to be honest -- but if you are looking for something just ask or start a new thread if needed -- I normally start here: Model Y to see what is going on - but really search is the best way to 'find' a topic I am looking for.
This was so helpful!!! Thank you so much!

Reactions: Mitman and tdeno
Greetings!
New to the forum here.

Ordered MY-LR, Blue, Black Int, 20" wheels, 5 seater on August 1.

EDD was displaying November 13-Dec 3 consistently for two to three weeks until a few days ago where it just completely changed to January. Wtf? Anyone have a similar experience (I'm sure many of you folks do).

Pickup, SoCal, Buena Park.

Greetings!
New to the forum here.

EDD was displaying November 13-Dec 3 consistently for two to three weeks until a few days ago where it just completely changed to January. Wtf? Anyone have a similar experience (I'm sure many of you folks do).

Congrats on your order and Welcome to team wait!

Sorry to hear the news, seems to be going around that most orders are slipping on EDD :(

My 31-Jul order had 17-Nov--7-Dec for the last two weeks. Today it jumped to January which is also the date for a new order.
New York.

Greetings!
New to the forum here.

Mine moved from 11/30-12/20 to January a couple of days ago

Greetings!
New to the forum here.

Pretty much same spec expect in white, EDD was 11/4 - 11/24 for a couple of weeks, checked this morning and it was January. Also picking up from Buena Park.

Ordered on 8/11 (MSM, FSD) and later removed FSD. EDD Started Dec-Jan and seemed to be moving out one day every day so never getting any closer. Now the EDD is missing. I'm in NJ so perhaps they are waiting to see how Giga Texas production ramp goes this year?