Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My estimated delivery date disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has over 10,000 electric cars that came out of Fremont Factory on a “containment hold” and can’t deliver them to customers. Tesla is keeping this information on the low. There is about 10,000 to 20,000 vehicles sitting on a containment hold held at various logistics sites. This now explains why everyone in North America is getting issues with the delivery estimates and dates being disappeared.

Ordered May 7th and still have the “We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.”
Reached out to my service Advisor and she said they don’t have an ETA yet.

Ordered May 7th and still have the “We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.”
Reached out to my service Advisor and she said they don’t have an ETA yet.
May 7? well sorry to say this, but you're going to have to wait a lot longer before you see anything.

Reactions: MrsV and dyau
Tesla has over 10,000 electric cars that came out of Fremont Factory on a “containment hold” and can’t deliver them to customers. Tesla is keeping this information on the low. There is about 10,000 to 20,000 vehicles sitting on a containment hold held at various logistics sites. This now explains why everyone in North America is getting issues with the delivery estimates and dates being disappeared.
hmmm. what "containment hold"? any link? thanks

For anyone with OCD the date changes can kill you. I feel there should be a disclaimer that reads "Dates can and will change often as orders are being fulfilled.". Today, the entire account disappeared. Then it came back, and the image of the car I ordered showed only the shadow of the MY and not the car itself. I don't get it. The man can build rocket ships but has no idea to schedule and commit to delivery dates?

1621549657302.png

Reactions: rjpjnk
For anyone with OCD the date changes can kill you. I feel there should be a disclaimer that reads "Dates can and will change often as orders are being fulfilled.". Today, the entire account disappeared. Then it came back, and the image of the car I ordered showed only the shadow of the MY and not the car itself. I don't get it. The man can build rocket ships but has no idea to schedule and commit to delivery dates?

View attachment 664398
Update: When I click on Manage, I get an image of a blue Model S. Simply spectacular.

Mine disappeared for the first time yesterday and are now back, with a slightly delayed starting date. Went from 6/13-6/30 to now 6/17-6/30.
Original order date 5/3, updated order 5/6 to add induction wheels.
You got lucky. I ordered 5/6 then modified 5/7 and got hit with the price increase. No warning :-(
Oh well, I switched to white after I found out the blue was not multilayer. Probably would have switched even if I knew.

View attachment 664398
I have the same thing happening on my order. I ordered a white MY and when I click the manage button, the only thing that I see on the next screen is a blue M3. All of the info that I had previously input in regard to the purchase is MIA. I am not in a panic yet as it only happened this afternoon. And it's a relief to see that I am not the only one.

View attachment 664398
This is what happened to mine too…