Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Experience bringing a Tesla to Dubai

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we got in :)

Around 500 persons showed up for the event, where Elon Musk talked about Tesla establishing in the region and his master plan for the future.

Many people asked me about how it is to own and drive a Tesla, so it was nice to be of at least some contribution to the event :)

Attached are some photos.

IMG_6836.JPG IMG_6840.JPG IMG_6842.JPG IMG_6853.JPG IMG_6854.JPG IMG_6857.JPG IMG_6862.JPG IMG_6863.JPG

So we got in :)

Around 500 persons showed up for the event, where Elon Musk talked about Tesla establishing in the region and his master plan for the future.

Many people asked me about how it is to own and drive a Tesla, so it was nice to be of at least some contribution to the event :)

Attached are some photos.

View attachment 214583 View attachment 214584 View attachment 214585 View attachment 214586 View attachment 214587 View attachment 214588 View attachment 214589 View attachment 214590

Nice! Did Elon bring his X?

How did you get in? Did you present your fob :)

Nice! Did Elon bring his X?

How did you get in? Did you present your fob :)
Yes, there were 2 Model X and 3 Model S as far as I can remember. No Model 3 though, as I think it would have left the other two models in the shadows.

No, my fob is in Oslo.
I said I was a Tesla owner from Norway and asked if there was any chance of joining the party. A Norwegian Tesla manager overheard me, so he invited us in. Pure luck :)

Reactions: Falkirk and K-MTG
Hey everyone,

Was hoping a Tesla owner with a Model X US Spec in Dubai could help me out.

If I plan on bringing my Telsa Model X from Canada to Dubai, do I need a Tesla Wall Connector from Canada or do I purchase one from a Dubai Tesla Store.

Many Thanks

If I plan on bringing my Tesla Model X from Canada to Dubai, do I need a Tesla Wall Connector from Canada or do I purchase one from a Dubai Tesla Store.

I would get one from Canada. You can also use any EVSE with a J1772 plug (Mennekes type 1) with the Tesla to J1772 adapter.

As for public charging, you can get a Mennekes Type 2 to Type 1 cable such as this one:

Coiled Type 1 to Type 2 Electric Charging Cable

No SuperCharging, but is that honestly the end of the world?

Hi All,
I am contemplating importing a Tesla from the EU or US. I was wondering if anyone can guide me, buying locally is beyond my budget.
I've been calling Tesla (SZR) but not getting a lot of help, which is understandable.
Would greatly appreciate if someone can talk to me over the phone, I promise I'll try to keep it short :)
Regards,
Saad Khan

I wouldn't recommend importing from US as those cars are not supported by Tesla outside of the US. As for importing from EU, those cars are essentially the same ones as sold in the UAE, the only difference is in the software. A few years ago, when Tesla established presence in the UAE, some of us who had our cars imported from US or EU, were given a choice: US cars were bought out (at fair value, to be honest) by Tesla, and the owners got themselves new Teslas - GCC spec, and the EU-spec car owners were offered to have their cars flashed to GCC spec, and covered under warranty.

I would suggest that you talk to Tesla in Dubai for an option of a CPO (used) car, or look at Dubizzle for a good opportunity - they appear rarely, but you might be lucky.

• Informative
Reactions: gaswalla
I wouldn't recommend importing from US as those cars are not supported by Tesla outside of the US. As for importing from EU, those cars are essentially the same ones as sold in the UAE, the only difference is in the software. A few years ago, when Tesla established presence in the UAE, some of us who had our cars imported from US or EU, were given a choice: US cars were bought out (at fair value, to be honest) by Tesla, and the owners got themselves new Teslas - GCC spec, and the EU-spec car owners were offered to have their cars flashed to GCC spec, and covered under warranty.

I would suggest that you talk to Tesla in Dubai for an option of a CPO (used) car, or look at Dubizzle for a good opportunity - they appear rarely, but you might be lucky.
tha

Thanks a million for your advice! Much appreciated

Tesla has a service centre on Sh. Zayed road just opposite Dubai Mall. If you are looking for a body shop approved to repair then there is Technical Resources Centre in Alqouz. I can vouch for both as being excellent. Tesla has in the past always taken care of even imported non UAE spec cars.

For a non Tesla affiliated garage I have no idea.

• Helpful
Reactions: ATC@LWSK and IdaX
I realize this has been said before but im seriously considering bringing my model s to dubai, its us spec, I for sure dont want to lose my warranty coverage.. and if thats the case I guess im better off getting a gcc spec car for here...

however it seems once my car is out of warranty, then theres really no difference. So interesting to see they have the US spec supercharges here, but your car loses its warranty if its here, especially now that Tesla is reasonably established here.

to be clear the drivetrain and battery warranty is the one that is no longer effective if I move it, and not the other standard warranty?

They are phasing out the US spec chargers now. Just FYI. Last time I looked I found the old US stall was charging an EU car. I need to double-check if they moved it somewhere else but I doubt this arrangement will last. Also US spec cars are no longer supported. We have a lot of Teslas here now that the Model 3 has come along and far too few superchargers.

I realize this has been said before but im seriously considering bringing my model s to dubai, its us spec, I for sure dont want to lose my warranty coverage.. and if thats the case I guess im better off getting a gcc spec car for here...

however it seems once my car is out of warranty, then theres really no difference. So interesting to see they have the US spec supercharges here, but your car loses its warranty if its here, especially now that Tesla is reasonably established here.

to be clear the drivetrain and battery warranty is the one that is no longer effective if I move it, and not the other standard warranty?

Most of the US-spec Teslas in UAE were imported by people who wanted a Tesla but couldn't get it in the UAE. Now that Tesla is established in UAE, it doesn't make much sense to do so. I understand it will probably be cheaper for you, since you already own the car, but the lack of public charging options would make me think twice to do that. The US spec supercharger stall was IMO a token of appreciation from Tesla to all those who imported their car on their own and supported Tesla in their growth before Tesla had presence in the UAE. Now, when most of those cars have been traded in and replaced with UAE-spec cars, the US supercharger stall will most likely (if not already) be removed and replaced with a UAE-spec one. Just my 2c.

Reactions: Evee