Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Experience bringing a Tesla to Dubai

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thanks so much for your support guys. totally makes sense. although I was really looking forward to charging my us spec car at one of those superchargers at last exit. It does seem more appropriate to just get one here now. you guys rock thanks!!!!

Reactions: ATC@LWSK
Hello everyone!
I understand that most of the members of Tesla club in UAE are happy owners of a new and GCC specs cars, but maybe someone could share a recent experience of importing a Tesla from US?

I am considering buying a model X from the US auction and bring it here. Looking for P100D 2018-2019 (after major update) white color and white interior 6-7 seaters (all conditions are pretty hard). With all respect to the advice of buying a new one here (500K+ AED delivery in March) or looking on Dubizzle (no white cars on sale, 8 cars only on sale where only 3 performance 2016, 2017 (ridiculous 340K) and 2020) I am estimating to fit into 200-250K total budget including shipping and cost of repair (also considering to ship to my home country for repair first and then to Dubai), so locally available cars are not the option.

I am not much concerned about superchargers available for US specs (would be a bonus if I could use some adapter or even 3rd party cable), but I believe wall charger will be enough for me.
Now, during work from home my monthly mileage is not more than 300-500km, while before April it was 2,000km/ month with daily home-office-home commute is around 10km.

Is there anyone owners of US specs cars? Any feedback? How about service and repair? Any issues with local Tesla dealer to service/ repair/ upgrade? Any challenges with shipping and customs? Any other comments/ advise are highly appreciated.

My Y (7 seater) is finally arriving any day (installing charging port…) and I have been offered a job in Dubai 😊
I might drive this car I waited for so long for a couple of months…
Or - since this post was last updated in 2020, I wonder if the recommendation is still not to import and buy locally (and wait some more).

Thank you!!!