Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My experience so far after 2 Weeks for Owning a Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I LOVE THE WAY THE CAR DRIVES, I LOVE THE TECHNOLOGY, I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE CAR.

I HATE everything about the delivery, the customer support, and today the service center.

Delivery was a complete disaster. Schedule pick up on Sunday July 15, waited 5 Hours and contracts were not ready. Told It will be ready Monday July 16. They were not ready either. Told Come in Tuesday July 17, at 2:00pm everything is ready... nothing was ready wait 5 more hours. Paper contract came back finance was all wrong ended up paying an addition $4,000 dollar so they didn't have to redo the loan.

Out of the box, glove box was broken, parking sensor not flush, no travel charging cable. NO BIGGIE... schedule a service appointment this past Tuesday at the Santa Clara Center. They fix the glove box. They readjusted the parking sensor, but after doing that the sensor did not work. I engaged auto pilot this morning drove to the service center... no warnings, no alert, auto pilot allowed me to engage even though parking/distance sensor were not working. I got on the left lane on freeway 101, the car didn't sense the barrier, if I wasn't pay attention it would have hit the barrier because the parking/distance sensor were not working.

On top of this, there was a scratch and dent on my trunk... after the service... i told the service manager they denied it... I had to battle tooth and nails with them to get them to try to get it fixed. He said he'll try to fix it in house if he can't they will have to go body shop and thats on me. I admit it was my fault for not doing a walk around of the car after receiving it. I told them if this was my fault... it could be avoided if the parking sensor were operating like the way it should but you guys screwed that up.

I get it... i'm just one customer you have 100,000+ people waiting to buy your car, but you need to change your customer experience. You lack of attention to detail could have cost me and my family our lives... his responses "ultimately its on the driver to be in control of the car." I'm shock at this statement. I'm not sure If I'm going to recover from this statement.

Has anyone experience this type of customer service at a service center. I notice the Model S owner get better treatment?

I know I still love my Model 3 I just hope and pray nothing else ever breaks again.

Just took delivery of one of the first PAWD (red/white fully loaded). The delivery was flawless, fast, and easy. Car was driven from Fremont factory (about 5 miles away) on time and in good order. All paperwork handled in about 10 minutes. While I was handling the paperwork, the owner of the shop was inspecting the car. Since all AWDs were built in the tent, I was curious to see if the quality was on par with my other Teslas over the years (4 MS, 1 MX). The car itself was actually better in fit and finish, HOWEVER, the paint was very subpar. It appeared as if the paint job was rushed (actually missed some spots inside the front passenger door), the front bumper looked like it was repainted, and the usual swirls, over paint etc all of which could be fixed. However, someone overbuffed the edge of the front hood down to primer (about 4 inches), that cannot be fixed. Fortunately, the Tesla rep was there and got the ok to fix (requires the hood, front bumper and two front side panels to be repainted). Moral of the story is do not let them rush you, inspect car in good lighting (I had direct sunlight), and don't let them get away with "within specs...if possible pay AFTER you inspect the car and don't be afraid to reject.

I LOVE THE WAY THE CAR DRIVES, I LOVE THE TECHNOLOGY, I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE CAR.

I HATE everything about the delivery, the customer support, and today the service center.

Delivery was a complete disaster. Schedule pick up on Sunday July 15, waited 5 Hours and contracts were not ready. Told It will be ready Monday July 16. They were not ready either. Told Come in Tuesday July 17, at 2:00pm everything is ready... nothing was ready wait 5 more hours. Paper contract came back finance was all wrong ended up paying an addition $4,000 dollar so they didn't have to redo the loan.

Out of the box, glove box was broken, parking sensor not flush, no travel charging cable. NO BIGGIE... schedule a service appointment this past Tuesday at the Santa Clara Center. They fix the glove box. They readjusted the parking sensor, but after doing that the sensor did not work. I engaged auto pilot this morning drove to the service center... no warnings, no alert, auto pilot allowed me to engage even though parking/distance sensor were not working. I got on the left lane on freeway 101, the car didn't sense the barrier, if I wasn't pay attention it would have hit the barrier because the parking/distance sensor were not working.

On top of this, there was a scratch and dent on my trunk... after the service... i told the service manager they denied it... I had to battle tooth and nails with them to get them to try to get it fixed. He said he'll try to fix it in house if he can't they will have to go body shop and thats on me. I admit it was my fault for not doing a walk around of the car after receiving it. I told them if this was my fault... it could be avoided if the parking sensor were operating like the way it should but you guys screwed that up.

I get it... i'm just one customer you have 100,000+ people waiting to buy your car, but you need to change your customer experience. You lack of attention to detail could have cost me and my family our lives... his responses "ultimately its on the driver to be in control of the car." I'm shock at this statement. I'm not sure If I'm going to recover from this statement.

Has anyone experience this type of customer service at a service center. I notice the Model S owner get better treatment?

I know I still love my Model 3 I just hope and pray nothing else ever breaks again.
Man, what a nightmare! I can't imagine having anyone waste 10+ hours of my time, then choose to pay an extra $4k, all while accepting a product with so many obvious issues at delivery. It's really unbelievable that you did so. (I fire my dentist when they make me wait 10 minutes past the appointment time; granted, Teslas are not as commoditized as a tooth cleaning!)

I've only been to my SC for one issue thus far, and while yes there is room for improvement (getting the appointment was a hassle, getting the loaner once dropping off the car took 30 minutes instead of 30 seconds, the car took three days to fix rather than 'later today', and when I picked up my car a trade-in Audi was blocking it in and no one could find the keys to the Audi. These things bug me (a lot) since I value my time (highly). It underscores for me the value of the mobile service fleet, or more importantly, the notion of simply never servicing my Tesla.

Good luck with your ownership...hopefully things look up for you from here.

Just to be clear...autopilot and auto steer are different functions. Auto steer doesn’t care about parking sensors. I suspect you didn’t realize you were not in auto steer. The steering wheel icon is gray when available and blue when active. It will disengage if it could see lane markings but now cannot.

Man, what a nightmare! I can't imagine having anyone waste 10+ hours of my time, then choose to pay an extra $4k, all while accepting a product with so many obvious issues at delivery. It's really unbelievable that you did so. (I fire my dentist when they make me wait 10 minutes past the appointment time; granted, Teslas are not as commoditized as a tooth cleaning!)

I've only been to my SC for one issue thus far, and while yes there is room for improvement (getting the appointment was a hassle, getting the loaner once dropping off the car took 30 minutes instead of 30 seconds, the car took three days to fix rather than 'later today', and when I picked up my car a trade-in Audi was blocking it in and no one could find the keys to the Audi. These things bug me (a lot) since I value my time (highly). It underscores for me the value of the mobile service fleet, or more importantly, the notion of simply never servicing my Tesla.

Good luck with your ownership...hopefully things look up for you from here.
Can one really "fire a dentist"? Was there an exit interview? Severence pay?
I think you mean the dentist lost one of many customers, and probably one of the more annoying ones.

Can one really "fire a dentist"? Was there an exit interview? Severence pay?
I think you mean the dentist lost one of many customers, and probably one of the more annoying ones.
I respect the time of my service providers and expect them to do the same of mine. When one fails me in that respect, yes, they lose a customer. (I would also expect my service providers to get rid of me if I did not respect their time.) Where I live, skilled dentists are as easy to come by as dry cleaners...no need to keep paying one who fails to respect his/her customers' time.

I respect the time of my service providers and expect them to do the same of mine. When one fails me in that respect, yes, they lose a customer. (I would also expect my service providers to get rid of me if I did not respect their time.) Where I live, skilled dentists are as easy to come by as dry cleaners...no need to keep paying one who fails to respect his/her customers' time.
Sometimes medical/dental procedures take longer than expected, because of the variability in patients and their conditions.
A good dentist won't cut your procedure short just so that the next patient is seen on time.
This means that there is a certain unavoidable flexibility in appointment times.
You can keep changing dentists all you like, but the only reason you're ever seen on time is if you've been lucky, not because the dentist respects your amazingness.