Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Experience, so far...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, I just joined and want to thank you all for the membership, this looks like a great community for Tesla owners. I have been looking over this forum for a while and saw a lot of people asking questions and I wanted to offer so help/advice with my experience so far.

I ordered a MY LR, AWD, black interior, no tow on July 15 and received the confirmation txt the same day.
The next day, i went to Tesla.com and put in my DL information and requested financing through them.
The following day, Tesla came back with financing of $35k with an interest rate of 3.5%, and I putting down the remaining balance.
I sat on it for a few days and said screw that money is too cheap right now, in addition I had checked out other forums with other individuals getting better financing. So I submitted my credit information with Carolina Cooperative (I am in Missouri, also happy to talk anyone through doing this - very easy), and let Tesla know around 7/20 that I was going to use my own financing.
On August 5th I received my VIN#.
On August 6th I received approval for financing from Carolina Cooperative for 2.49% on 84M and I let Tesla know to update the MVPA.
On August 8th, Tesla's website went screwy and my MVPA disappeared, then reappeared with a different lower VIN#.
The same happened on August 10th, but same VIN#.
On August 13th, I received a txt from Tesla saying that my MY was ready for delivery and send me a link. I went to the link and scheduled delivery for 8/26, earliest 8/24.
At no time did an estimated delivery show up in my profile which is very strange.

So hopefully all goes well, and I hope this helps others out, because i had seen some similar questions/experiences.

Also, what the hell accessories should I get??? Thinking weather mats and front window tint.

Thank you!