Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My experience with mobile service tire rotation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting this as I have not found a current thread that has the latest price for Tesla to rotate tires. I didn't feel like spending time at a Discount Tire for a free rotation, as I am lazy and have been pretty busy with work lately. So I submitted a request via the app. It came out to $50 dollars for the mobile service guy to come out and do a rotation. He showed up in a Model S, and did the rotation in my garage. Rears were definitely worn more than the fronts (6,400 mi). Did the swap, retorqued the lugs, inflated, filled washer fluid.

Just posted this as a data point for future people who are curious.

The $50 you paid would have covered balancing all four tires at Discount Tire. And if you make an appointment, at least where I live, they guarantee to have you out within 1-hour of that time. Makes for a good lunch break. ;)

I just had them come out 2 weeks ago, too. $50 to stay at home and lounge around in my pajamas, while some young man drives-up and rotates tires….all in about 15-mins. Worth it.

For the mobile service, do they come prepared with the 4-point jack pucks or do you have to supply your own (I have a Carwiner set off Amazon for my own use/emergencies anyways).

Also for those that bring them to tire centers, do most technicians know how to drive and park a Tesla carefully on their ramps and stuff or do you have to educate them?

Also for those that bring them to tire centers, do most technicians know how to drive and park a Tesla carefully on their ramps and stuff or do you have to educate them?
Firestone seems to vary by location. E.g. their Boulder store has serviced my car twice (rotate, balance , alignment) and says they see a lot of Teslas. But a Firestone location 10 miles away says “we don’t do EVs.”

• Informative
Reactions: Trip McNealy
For the mobile service, do they come prepared with the 4-point jack pucks or do you have to supply your own (I have a Carwiner set off Amazon for my own use/emergencies anyways).

It’s Tesla mobile service, so they have jacks that don’t require the pads.

See video for an idea of how your appointment will go. Tesla Mobile Service. Go to 2:03 of the video.

Last edited:
It’s Tesla mobile service, so they have jacks that don’t require the pads.

See video for an idea of how your appointment will go. Tesla Mobile Service. Go to 2:03 of the video.
So I definitely fall in to the "free or cheap tire rotation" category. I am what you call an extreme couponer. I really don't like wasting money. That being said....

Everyone should watch that video of the mobile tire rotation. After seeing that, I will definitely be paying $50 to have them come and do it right vs take a chance going somewhere else and having them screw it up

Reactions: MikeRadio
My local Firestone said they needed 5 hours to do our 2022 M3. When asked why, The text said it needed to be in certain service modes as well as to make sure the brakes were gonna lock up on it. Has anyone else had this experience?
Just had the ranger rotate our tires last month. I put the car on the drive way with summon. No one went in the car (including me). There was no service mode.

Reactions: ATPMSD