Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My experience with mobile service tire rotation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t go to Tesla for anything having to do with tires, instead go to a qualify tire store. I use Discount Tire for everything except alignments and Pep Boys for alignments, never had any issues.

It is true that Tesla moble service will come to you to rotate your tires for about $50, but They will likley give you a 4-hour window. With Discount Tire I get an appointment and it is finished within an hour. Also here in Atlanta tire rotations are free.

Mobile service just completed my tire rotation. I didn't have to do anything but unlock the car for him. Whole thing took 15 minutes. Cost was $50.

IMG_20220316_135146665.jpg

Posting this as I have not found a current thread that has the latest price for Tesla to rotate tires. I didn't feel like spending time at a Discount Tire for a free rotation, as I am lazy and have been pretty busy with work lately. So I submitted a request via the app. It came out to $50 dollars for the mobile service guy to come out and do a rotation. He showed up in a Model S, and did the rotation in my garage. Rears were definitely worn more than the fronts (6,400 mi). Did the swap, retorqued the lugs, inflated, filled washer fluid.

Just posted this as a data point for future people who are curious.
They are coming tomorrow to rotate tires on my 2021 Model 3. I thought rotation at 12,500 miles was covered under warranty, but no, $65.

They are coming tomorrow to rotate tires on my 2021 Model 3. I thought rotation at 12,500 miles was covered under warranty, but no, $65.

A few comments for next time:

1. Rotating tires at 12,500 mile is way to long, if that is what you meant. Tires should be rotated at 6,000 of 7,500 mile intervals. I do mine at 5,000 miles since there is no harm in doing it more often and it is easy to remember e.g. 5,000, 10,000, 15,000 etc.
  2. Mobile service is convenient, but as I understand it they only do a front to back tire rotation; every tire manufacturer recommends tire rotations include a tire cross.
  3. Places like Discount Tire rotate tires for fee (at least in my area) and they guarantee a one-hour timeframe. They are also a great place to ask if the car needs an alignment since they do not perform them, so you get an honest answer.

I tried to schedule a mobile tire rotation last week and somehow was quoted a front end alignment. Is this a case of “in case we think you need one” or did I somehow screw it up?
So, 11 hours before the tire rotation, I got an updated estimate of $144....and of course tesla now has the cancellation fee when it's less that 24 hours. I contacted tesla through the app and they would not give me a reason why the quote had changed. After some back and forth, they did finally honor the $65 approved quote that they had given me 2 weeks earlier. I felt like it was a little of a bait and switch.....

Don’t go to Tesla for anything having to do with tires, instead go to a qualify tire store. I use Discount Tire for everything except alignments and Pep Boys for alignments, never had any issues.

It is true that Tesla moble service will come to you to rotate your tires for about $50, but They will likley give you a 4-hour window. With Discount Tire I get an appointment and it is finished within an hour. Also here in Atlanta tire rotations are free.

I wonder if the Free rotation is for areas outside of ATL proper (I am in Cumming). I'll have to give them a call, they have a store 15 mins from my house.

Tire rotation fee is $65 now? I had Tesla mobile service come do a rotation few months ago and the quoted price was $50. But the service wasn't done on that visit since the mobile service tech said my tires weren't in a state where they needed a rotation (did not charge for the visit) and recommended calling mobile service a few thousand miles later. Had them out today and now the tire rotation fee is higher.

Yup, that’s what happened with me too.

Tire rotation fee is $65 now? I had Tesla mobile service come do a rotation few months ago and the quoted price was $50. But the service wasn't done on that visit since the mobile service tech said my tires weren't in a state where they needed a rotation (did not charge for the visit) and recommended calling mobile service a few thousand miles later. Had them out today and now the tire rotation fee is higher.