TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

My experience with Tesla Roadside Assistance (during a 24h test drive)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by syzygy, Sep 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. syzygy

syzygy Member

I picked up a MS75D for a 24 hour test drive on Saturday morning. Of course, the car drove like a charm. We did a lot of driving around on Saturday and, aside from some newbie range anxiety on my part, everything went great. Went out to dinner on Sat night and plugged the car in to a charger in a lot. Got back to the car a few hours later and noticed a low tire pressure warning. So, assuming it just needed some air, I stopped at a gas station to get some air. Everything was great for the short highway ride back home.

Next morning, made some excuse to drive to the grocery store, but before getting in the car, noticed the tire was low again. This time, the pressure was even lower than the night before. I looked at the tire closely and saw an embedded nail. So, I called AAA to see if they could send someone to patch it (I mentioned I was a newbie, right?). They basically shrugged at me.

Then I called Tesla Roadside assistance. Even though I'm not a Tesla owner yet, they had a tow truck out within 30 minutes. They called twice after that to confirm everything was ok, and offered to get me a ride back to the Tesla store if I needed one. Outstanding service, and I don't even have the car yet!

• Like x 8
  2. DrReid

DrReid Member

Good to hear some positive stories. People love to post their negative ones!

I've had great experiences with Tesla service so far, but thankfully haven't had to use roadside. Lucky for me, I live close to a service center so it's very easy to take my car in if needed. I've had a few minor issues (wipers were streaking, glove box not opening, broke key ring on my key fob) and I can just swing by and they are super nice. For my windshield wipers, they sent a mobile tech out to my office and replaced the wipers in my parking lot so I wouldn't have to drive over to them.

So far so good in my opinion!

• Like x 1