Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Falcon Wing Door Issue and Resolution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my Model X 90D (Vin 15xx) since mid March. Two weeks ago, the driver side Falcon Wing Door got stuck in a semi-open position in my garage - I couldn’t even drive it out of the garage. Tesla sent a technician home to help and evaluate. He subsequently called two other technicians and the three of them disassembled the closing mechanism and were finally able to manually close the door. They drove it to the SC to diagnose and fix the issue.

It took the SC 2 weeks to diagnose, order parts, fix and test the door. The repair invoice shows they replaced both of the Primary Struts and both of the Secondary Struts. In addition, they replaced the Rear Door Controller. They also had to repair a slightly bent pin at the wire harness connector in the Falcon Door.

The Falcon Door is working now. The SC was upfront in informing me that this was the first time they were working on this issue. They had to go back-and-forth multiple times with Field Engineering for re-calibrating the door after the hardware fixes. This alone took 3 days. They kept me updated throughout on what was going on. I have my X back now and am a happy camper once again. I actually missed not having my X.

I thought I will share the SC resolution to fix my Falcon Door issue in case there are other owners in a similar situation where their Falcon Door does not close all the way.