Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first 300+ mile destination day trip: Houston - Austin roundtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this comment in your blog summary kind of funny:

“The Trip planner app in the car is quite useful, once you force it to take your itinerary.”

That is the function that the trip planner was doing, though, so you just disabled it. So therefore it is NOT useful.

I found this comment in your blog summary kind of funny:

“The Trip planner app in the car is quite useful, once you force it to take your itinerary.”

That is the function that the trip planner was doing, though, so you just disabled it. So therefore it is NOT useful.
Fair point ... the functionality of alerting me to use headed to my destination based on actually battery power was useful, but it is true that the routing itself was not that useful to me. It would be better if it gave options: Route 1 with 9% remaining and 1 supercharger or route 2 with a different supercharger with 30% remaining but one hour longer in time. Let me choose.

I'm in Austin and have reasons to travel to south of Houston (Rosharon, TX) so this will be very useful to know... due to firewall I cannot get there either at the moment so I'll be interested to know if you used the chargers at the showroom in the Galleria.

I'm in Austin and have reasons to travel to south of Houston (Rosharon, TX) so this will be very useful to know... due to firewall I cannot get there either at the moment so I'll be interested to know if you used the chargers at the showroom in the Galleria.
The supercharger map shows a Rosenberg area location planned by the end of the year. That should be just what you need. Until then, best to get a CHAdeMO adapter as there are several CHAdeMO stations between Columbus and your destination. You don't want to drive all the way in to the Galleria.

You'll get a lot more responses to this type of question in the Austin-area Tesla owners google group. PM me with your email address if you're not a member.

You might be able to stop at the west Houston Service Center and get enough of a charge to make the round trip from the Columbus supercharger to Rosharon and back. It's located around Beltway 8 and the Westpark Tollway.