Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

diplomat33

Average guy who loves autonomous vehicles
Aug 3, 2017
USA
I got into my first accident. I was in a hurry and backed out of my driveway fast without looking and hit a car that was passing by on the residential lane. As you can see the rear of the car suffered significant damage. I did not suffer any injury. I am sad for my car. Hopefully the Tesla service center can fix the damage and my insurance should cover it.

I hate myself for being so careless.

p5kUGAY.jpg

Attachments

• 1649000946300.jpeg
    1649000946300.jpeg
    489.9 KB · Views: 308
I got into my first accident. I was in a hurry and backed out of my driveway fast without looking and hit a car that was passing by on the residential lane. As you can see the rear of the car suffered significant damage. I did not suffer any injury. I am sad for my car. Hopefully the Tesla service center can fix the damage and my insurance should cover it.

p5kUGAY.jpg
Accidents happens. As long as you learned something, take responsibility, and don't make the same mistake twice... That's what insurance is for.

p5kUGAY.jpg

Thats not a "tesla service center" repair. Thats a "Tesla or Tesla authorized body shop" repair. If you are contacting a service center that is not a body shop, you are wasting your time.

The famous 20th century philosopher Sophia Loren once said, “Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.”

And Winston Churchill said, “All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes.”

You'll likely never do that again. You'll be a safer driver and look back on the whole experience in a few years thinking it could have been much worse. You'll be grateful it wasn't. [Spoken from experience.]

So sorry to see/read this. Glad no one was hurt. Sure wish these Telsa’s came with rear cross traffic alert, like just about every other car. Would trade the farts any day for RCTA functionality.
Good point. I wish they would leverage the sensors they do have for some protection. It would be curious if dash cam picked it up. But I don’t think DashCam includes the pillar cameras which might have seen it coming a fraction sooner than the driver.