Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My First bad experience with Tesla and service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mobile service came to attend to squeeking seat sound from the rear. He found out the seat was rubbing against the falcon wing door. Suggested to bring car in to service center to fix bracket for seat to align the seat. Brought the car in the service center and was told no such solution and the 2 other solution was to adjust the door or put a felt tape over the seat. Can you imagine a $100K car with a felt tape?? We say no to felt tape.
Door adjustment was done and now door is totally misaligned. How can they even have that as a solution. The door was buldging out to make clearance between the door trim and the seat. Told them off and say I would live with the squeeking sound. They agreed to get the door back to its original state.
When the car was returned to me, the falcon wing door is no longer aligned as it was. The argument is it was brought in that way. It is my word against his. They refuse to do anything.
1 problem became 2. Now I have squeeking seats and a misaligned door. I don't know what is my next cause of action.

Please help...

I am always proud of being a Tesla owner but after today, I don't know I can even pretend to be proud.

In 2013 my new Model S had squeaking in the dash area, and they used the felt tape to fix it. Felt tape is a go-to solution for sound problems for Tesla. Your only option as I see it is to escalate it to regional service manager, or higher. Keep going until they fix it. Its a long tough slog but you'll get there if you keep making noise.

In 2013 my new Model S had squeaking in the dash area, and they used the felt tape to fix it. Felt tape is a go-to solution for sound problems for Tesla. Your only option as I see it is to escalate it to regional service manager, or higher. Keep going until they fix it. Its a long tough slog but you'll get there if you keep making noise.

Thanks. How I get the contact of the regional service manager? I am in Dallas (Plano) area.

Thanks. How I get the contact of the regional service manager? I am in Dallas (Plano) area.
Ask the service center. I had a problem when I traded my 2013 in for a new Model S with auto-pilot in 2015, and the local service center refused to fix it. I asked who the next manager up the line was and they told me. They have to - its not like they can say "screw you, you don't have the right to know" or anything like that. The regional service manager was nice and got my problem squared away pronto. Maybe there's a difference 2015 to 2019, but I'd still try it. Don't give up until you can't get any more names to contact, and keep contacting all of them regularly. Last resort, hire an attorney. But I wouldn't let a messed up door go.

I had worst experience at Plano service center even after speaking to Service Manager. They just refuse to do anything. Suggest to try a different one. You just ask your service advisor to talk to manager, they will give time.

This doesn't make me feel good. I have an appointment this monday at the Plano SC for a Trunk realignment and these horror stories are making me think i should just leave well enough alone.