Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first day notes on my model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After driving a model 3 LR RWD for the past 3 years, I picked a 7-seat AWD model Y today.

My initial thoughts is the regen seems weaker…I’m having to use my brakes in places I’m not use to using them.

car is definitely quicker. I went ahead and also bought the acceleration boost…but can’t tell if that has kicked in yet. Plan to do some dragy runs tomorrow.

I got put in autopilot jail twice…if accelerate over 75 while on autopilot it puts me in jail

can’t figure out how to permanently change my pedestrian warning sound

smart summon not working right now…not sure why

kids love sitting in their new booster seats in the back 2 seats…the seat belts are thought to plug in when they are in their booster

I got put in autopilot jail twice…if accelerate over 75 while on autopilot it puts me in jail

can’t figure out how to permanently change my pedestrian warning sound

smart summon not working right now…not sure why

@fiveten you got one of the new vision-only (no radar hardware) MYs, on an early version of the software. You should have been warned that smart summon was temporarily not available and that you'd be limited to 75 on autopilot, both until software updates resolve these temporary limitations.

As for permanently changing your PWS, I don't think you can?

As for the trays, my mother-in-law’s 2020 MYLR came with one for the armrest cubby but my 2021 MYLR didn’t. Wonder if I can claim one?

@cancoi no, they don't come with the vehicle any more.

Reactions: cancoi and fiveten