Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My First EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Well I have ordered my first ever fully EV car, a Tesla a few days ago. I bought a model 3 LR (AWD) just the standard model with no extras (ran out of cash).
I am trading my 2 year old Toyota Corolla Hybrid in and now just waiting for the confirmation on my valuation to come though.

The estimated arrival date when I put my order in was early November, so this is going to be a long few months. I am now in what I have read to be the blackout period where updates are few and far between from Tesla. Yes I am impatient but that's because I can't wait to drive my new car. After taking my first ever drive in one a few days ago I was blown away with it and it's the best drive i have ever had.

Anyway back to talking through posts to read what I can, and hope I get lucky with a sooner delivery date.

You can raise your odds of timely delivery by completing ALL information in your Tesla profile. Upload your current auto insurance information. Specify cash payment.

If these are missing, the scheduling program tends to skip your order when VINs are assigned. Thus your estimated delivery date can be pushed to a later date.

Once VIN is assigned you can arrange insurance, get a loan approval and update your information as that occurs.

You can raise your odds of timely delivery by completing ALL information in your Tesla profile. Upload your current auto insurance information. Specify cash payment.

If these are missing, the scheduling program tends to skip your order when VINs are assigned. Thus your estimated delivery date can be pushed to a later date.

Once VIN is assigned you can arrange insurance, get a loan approval and update your information as that occurs.
Cheers for the info, I have already filled all that in so I hope by the end of the week my valuation well be in.