Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first few days with the 3...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have weird clunking noises too, even with key access removed and car locked.

Main bug that bothers us the most is that it cannot route to or from our home address. Address works fine in S, X, Google Maps on phones, everywhere else except the 3 nav system. I am waiting to see if latest software update which arrived today (something newer than 50.12) will fix this or else report it since so easy to reproduce.

Here is a tip on FM radio I learned at delivery. You can use voice command as short cut. Example “Play KQED” tunes immediately to the station and you can then favorite it.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I actually miss not having a web browser in the Model 3. I used the Tesla Waze web site on the S and realized I can't do that on the 3. I'm finding the 3 noisier then the S when driving. The road noise seems louder or seems to come out more.

I actually miss not having a web browser in the Model 3. I used the Tesla Waze web site on the S and realized I can't do that on the 3. I'm finding the 3 noisier then the S when driving. The road noise seems louder or seems to come out more.

I definitely wonder whether that's a quality control issue. I feel like my 3 is quieter than my S, so I don't think it's a design issue.

We have weird clunking noises too, even with key access removed and car locked.

Main bug that bothers us the most is that it cannot route to or from our home address. Address works fine in S, X, Google Maps on phones, everywhere else except the 3 nav system. I am waiting to see if latest software update which arrived today (something newer than 50.12) will fix this or else report it since so easy to reproduce.

Here is a tip on FM radio I learned at delivery. You can use voice command as short cut. Example “Play KQED” tunes immediately to the station and you can then favorite it.
Someone mentioned on another thread it might be the c

From another thread. might be related?!

I took my car in and they replaced the "Power Conversion System" as a recall. It took a couple of days for the part to come in and one day to do the repair. In total the covered warranty cost was $1100.

They did not elaborate on the reason for the repair. Just that it was needed.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
today I had to reboot it because it decided to turn the media volume all the way up. I followed the noise to the garage, turned the volume down, then watched and listened as it climbed right back up. Reboot. The volume started climbing again today just driving, but I turned it down and it stayed there (thank goodness).
This sounds like a faulty screen. I’ve seen several people state this and it may be due to the phantom touches on the right side of the screen. The fix has been to replace the screen. I’d call your Service center about it

I feel like the Model 3 navi is more google maps like, as I've seen some weird navigations, but then when I checked my phone to verify, it was the same route. Wondering if this is the new navi system that Elon was talking about.

It is definitely different than what the S and X are doing, but for me it is a step backwards. The 3 finds home address and landmarks near me but gives up on finding routes to and from them with a pop-up error window. That’s a bit frustrating since journeys by definition start and end at home and nothing can be routed in these cases. Everything works fine on S, X, mobile apps (so in my case I see a difference with Google on web and mobile). I complained to Tesla with specific instructions on how to reproduce on the 3, but they just told me to go to a service center.