Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first flat tire - UI fail...

Watts_Up

Mar 4, 2019
In a galaxy far, far away
Interesting thing to note, if the car is not turned on, the 12v socket in the back of the X will turn off after a few minutes,
so we had to keep opening doors to wake the car up to allow it to continue pumping.
Here is a TMC thread dealing with this issue: Can you keep the 12V outlets on when the car is off?

The above thread was a little bit old, I wonder now when you have the Sentry Mode on, if the 12V Socket stays on?

Robwoodruff

Nov 21, 2016
Ohio
I haven't used a jack yet. I got a plug kit from Walmart. Pliers are a good idea and a razor blade or scissors to cut the extra plug that is sticking out. You need a blanket or plastic to kneel on so you don't get dirty. A rain jacket with a hood is a good idea because it is always raining when I get a flat.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC