Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My First Mobile Service Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TL;DR: I’m amazed at how great the experience was!

I bought a used, still under-warranty 2018 Model 3 LR AWD this past October after lurking on these forums for months, watching every possible YouTube video I could, reading as much as I possibly could about the car and so forth. And the one thing that really concerned me was service. About six weeks ago, I drove the car in the rain and noticed the condensation gathered the tail light that remained there for over a week. So I decided to contact Tesla as my car is still under warranty.

After scheduling a service appointment for the Rocklin Tesla, I was alerted that they could instead come to my house two weeks later. Seeing as how I work from home, I jumped on the opportunity as my commutes are few and far between. Well, this morning was the big day.

Scheduled to come between 8 and 12 am, I got a call at around 8:30 saying they were close. I asked if they needed me to come out and the tech said he didn’t. He showed up, spent about an hour fixing the tail light and some other cosmetic issues that I had noticed and called me telling me he was done. And on top of the fixes, he also checked the connector pins and noticed one was missing, which he repaired voluntarily. Overall, an immensely-impressive experience and I’m still in awe of the ease, professionalism and willingness to go above and beyond they exhibited. And because my car is still under warranty, it cost me nothing. I didn’t even have to go outside, unlock the doors, nothing.

I hear and read so many bad Tesla service experiences that I had to share my experience and amazement at how great it was!

Glad you finally found your car. Congrats. We live far enough away from a SvC and with covid keeping us work from home now having mobile to take care of some things really is great. They’ve been here for a charge port door issue and even a upgrade from HW2.5 to HW3 which I wasn’t sure could be done at home. As with your experience my mobile experiences have been great, and I really appreciated with covid not having to drive in. Techs have all been great, calling ahead when nearby, giving them access while inside the house, and received call when done and ready to leave. They checked my tire pressure and tread wear (think it’s required as part of service visit in Calif). There was a service bulletin about the charge pins a while back and before coming out they noted I hadn’t had mine serviced and took care of it when they came out just like they would have if the car was brought into the SvC. Oh also had mobile do my replacement A/C filter and condenser cleaning. Still hope we might get a SvC closer to us at some point but been very pleased with mobile as an alternative.

Reactions: El joe
2 service visits with the model 3 (Dashcam) and something else and 2 visits with the Model Y tow hitch install and A/C issue and with the retrofit heat pump blanket and with 2 visit at home for the HomeLink install on both the 3 & the Y.

All services were beyond superb.

Fred

I also had my first mobile experience a few weeks ago. It was for a tire rotation. The tech arrived, didn't need me to come outside, and actually called me afterwards to let me know he was covering the $30 charge.

Talk about a phenomenal experience.

I also had my first mobile experience a few weeks ago. It was for a tire rotation. The tech arrived, didn't need me to come outside, and actually called me afterwards to let me know he was covering the $30 charge.

Talk about a phenomenal experience.
Seriously great. I've had so many ICE cars where I've had to go to a dealership and they've tried to upsell me and/or come up with some sort of phantom fix that's going to cost me hundreds that I couldn't believe how great the experience was.

Reactions: Mattopotamus