Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first Model 3 rebuild.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up this Model 3 off of the auction 3 weeks ago. Just like new. Still need to finish up the chrome delete though.

gpwpw8U.jpg

Well done. Did you use a donor car, or sourced parts from somewhere else? Can you supercharge? How involving was a rebuild? How much did it cost? It appears that frame needed to be pulled.
The frame was actually fine. There are two aluminum rails that took all the impact and they just bolt off with no adhesive. The front left suspension had to be replaced obviously and the subframe with the steering rack.

The total cost with registration came out to be around $30k. That includes labor.

The frame was actually fine. There are two aluminum rails that took all the impact and they just bolt off with no adhesive. The front left suspension had to be replaced obviously and the subframe with the steering rack.

The total cost with registration came out to be around $30k. That includes labor.

Awesome final price. Good to know that the replaceable crumple member is long on Tesla M3. Are you keeping her, or selling?

Awesome final price. Good to know that the replaceable crumple member is long on Tesla M3. Are you keeping her, or selling?

The wife will drive it.
How the hell did you get the parts?
Bought a parts car. Well this was actually a parts car too but underneath the body panels the damage wasn't bad so I decided to fix it.

Does it drive true and straight would be my concern.
It would bother me if the car drives or EAP to the left..

Why would it not? Have you ever heard of wheel alignment?

If it's that cheap...why did the insurance company write this off? Do they just factor in the cost of estimating/working with the repair shop and figure it's too much? Did you do work yourself/get a great deal on labor?

How much did the parts car cost? Picture of the parts car?
If it's that cheap...why did the insurance company write this off? Do they just factor in the cost of estimating/working with the repair shop and figure it's too much? Did you do work yourself/get a great deal on labor?
Insurance company estimate was probably replacing all the parts with new parts. Did you do paint or is your parts car also silver?

Looks nice but will always be considered a salvaged car.
States that on the pink slip. I bought a salvaged truck once poured money into it and when it came time to sell, no one wanted to buy it when they found out it was salvaged. Finley sold but at a very reduced price.

Looks nice but will always be considered a salvaged car.
States that on the pink slip. I bought a salvaged truck once poured money into it and when it came time to sell, no one wanted to buy it when they found out it was salvaged. Finley sold but at a very reduced price.

Depends on the people. My wife will be keeping this one but I've sold a bunch of them already.