Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first overnight service visit....after 0.5 miles of driving.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing major, just noticed that the air conditioning wasn't working....I'm happy to have the Model S P100D loaner overnight, but I really want my car instead!

I've put about 150 miles on the Model S loaner and I'm in love with the screen behind the steering wheel. I am really hoping that I don't miss it on my 3.

BTW, "Ludicrous Mode" is bonkers. If you haven't experienced it....you need to find a way to do so.

The first thing i'm doing if i get a P100D loaner is putting it in chill mode... i would hate to get my Performance 3 back from service and have her feel 'inadequate'. i prefer pretty much all aspects of the 3 EXCEPT i wish it had that Ludicrous acceleration. First world problems.

Same exact thing happened to me as OP, no A/C working (not blowing cold air) after delivery (did not realize it was not working until my drive home, and even then I thought I was doing something wrong). Took my car to Houston service center the next morning, they kept it for testing, gave me S100D loaner for the day and I had my 3 back at the end of the same day. Problem was faulty sensor not registering any temperature, so when that happens, it doesn't know what to do, and doesn't blow cold/hot air, just air (apparently). Luckily, they had the part in stock and were able to fix it same day. They apologized for the oversight during the pre-delivery inspection. No problems since then (crossing my fingers). Good luck with your repair!

I got my car back today! It's simply amazing! I thought it would be hard going from the P100D to the Model 3....but the Model 3 is FAR better in my opinion.....the 3 is WAY better. The screen is so much brighter and sharper and closer. I can't say enough good things about the 3.

I know I'm a fanboy, but my first 12 hours have been spectacular.

Reactions: LargeHamCollider
So comparing a LR Model 3 for a week against driving experience of a Roadster Sport 2.5, Model S, and my XP100D ... the Model 3 is a seriously fun car to drive.

It's closer to the Roadster in handling than the S or the X. People need to let go of the idea that it's just a pared down version of the vehicles that have come before.

I hated to activate Autopilot because the handling was just so fun.

• Love
Reactions: GaryW and rluciano