Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first real Tesla annoyance...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My apologies if this goes into a rant but it's a bit ridiculous that Tesla can't keep stock of their "Premium Rear Consoles"... I emailed them to ask when they'd have the one for my car (black leather, carbon fiber trim) and basically was told they don't know when and it's first come first serve so I should obsessively check the website and grab it the moment I see it because it won't last. As noted on their website they refuse to maintain a waitlist as well...

Really Tesla??? You expect your customers to check with your website on a daily basis, at least, for stock on an item that should be readily available. I'm already slightly annoyed by the complete lack of engineering that went into the rear seat such as no back seat pockets, no fold out cup holder (like every other car I've ever owned that I can remember), etc... I'm "okay" with having to purchase the rear center console to provide something that should already be in the car to begin with, but this process is quite absurd. If you can't keep stock on something then why cut your customers off by refusing to keep a waitlist?

So now I have to check the website, all the freaking time, until the rear console that I need comes in stock and hope that I see it before anyone else does or I'm just SOL... Really Tesla??? That's the customer experience you want to foster???

Just very unfortunate...

Jeff

Dang, I think I want to sell mine as it really doesn't work that well and it's a bit of an effort to take it in and out when I need that third seat. But, mine is tan with Obeche matte.

I found an $8 thing on Amazon someone else posted that I'm going to try. Sits on the floor under the vent according to another post. Amazon.com: Hopkins EMIC-BLA Go Gear Euro Mini Console, (Black): Automotive

Agree it's frustrating. And they originally sent me the one for the front instead of the back and in the completely wrong color options.

It is kind of silly that you can't even get on a waitlist for something like that, isn't it?

I have a black leather with carbon fiber trim rear console that I'm not using much. It's in good condition except for a cracked lid hinge which is a common issue with early versions of these consoles and can be replaced with a cheap part from a service center. Let me know if you're interested.

I can't get touch up paint for my color, midnight silver. Tesla isn't a normal car company. That has its good points, but also some bad ones. Cup holders. Comfortable seats. One day when there are 5 or 10 options for an all-electric car with a 200+ mile range Tesla better have this stuff taken car of, or it will go out of business. Of course I'm not sure Musk cares, as his goal is moving to electric cars, not specifically the survival of Tesla if I read him right. Kind of scary for us owners.

I can't get touch up paint for my color, midnight silver. Tesla isn't a normal car company. That has its good points, but also some bad ones. Cup holders. Comfortable seats. One day when there are 5 or 10 options for an all-electric car with a 200+ mile range Tesla better have this stuff taken car of, or it will go out of business. Of course I'm not sure Musk cares, as his goal is moving to electric cars, not specifically the survival of Tesla if I read him right. Kind of scary for us owners.
I bet the touch up paint is an Elon thing. It never looks quite 'right.'

Don't worry, Musk also likes to win.

The lack of cup holders in the back seat row doesn't bother me much for a couple of reasons. 1) I never sit back there (nor plan to, ever). 2) I have kids and if you think I'm going to let them eat or drink in the Tesla, the answer is heck no! 3) Lack of storage keeps things from "accumulating" in the car. Every time we get out of the car, everything gets cleaned out!